The Local Nine
Nothing says Thanksgiving like a little pigskin rivalry. Here, we rank the best of the Bay State’s high school games.
9. Natick at Framingham: Look for Natick alum Doug Flutie on the sidelines.
8. Brookline at Newton North: If anyone gets hurt, there’s probably a hospital wing somewhere in that building.
7. South Boston at East Boston: With so much neighborhood authenticity, Affleck should film a movie.
6. Falmouth at Barnstable: Last time, Barnstable pulled ahead in the 40-39-4 series.
5. Catholic Memorial at BC High: Behold! Hail Marys!
4. Boston English at Boston Latin: The nation’s oldest ongoing rivalry: Grover Cleveland was prez when they first met.
3. St. John’s Prep at Xaverian: X marks the spot: These are two of the state’s best teams.
2. Wellesley at Needham: There’s been brawling on the field — and in the stands — for more than a century.
1. Bridgewater-Raynham at Brockton: The first game of this long-awaited matchup hasn’t even been played yet, and it’s already being compared to Colts v. Pats.