The Road to Camelot
Joseph Kennedy III has just stepped onto the political launching pad. After leaving his job in the Cape and Islands district attorney’s office, JFK’s great-nephew is now a prosecutor with the Middlesex DA’s office — the starting place for a who’s who of big-name Massachusetts politicians.
- U.S. Senator: 1985–present
- First Assistant DA: 1977–1979
These days, it’s easy to think that Kerry emerged from the womb a full-grown senator, but even he was once just a young and hungry prosecutor.
- UMass Lowell Chancellor: 2007–present
- U.S. Congressman: 1993–2007
- First Assistant DA: 1991–1992
He took the UMass job before Teddy’s seat became available…otherwise it could well have been Senator Meehan.
- Massachusetts Attorney General: 2007–present
- District Attorney: 1999–2007
Putting aside that one little campaign, she’s been a very popular attorney general.
- Massachusetts Attorney General: 1999–2007
- District Attorney: 1991–1999
Sixteen consecutive years in elected office is a pretty good run, and only Deval Patrick’s campaign tidal wave kept him from becoming governor.
- Massachusetts Attorney General: 1991–1999
- District Attorney: 1983–1990
A Democratic candidate for governor in 1998, Harshbarger remains Massachusetts’ liberal conscience.
Joseph Kennedy III
- Assistant District Attorney
A talented speaker with a sparkling résumé, he’s the next great Kennedy hope.