The Ultimate Franken-Burger
Crafted with ingredients from local restaurants and gourmet shops, our perfect burger would look a little something like this.
Photo by Sam Kaplan
1. Bun: Blue Frog Bakery’s soft potato roll, used at Grass Fed.
2. Sauce: Spicy aioli (with chipotle peppers in adobo, garlic, cornichons, red onion, paprika, and cayenne pepper), slathered on Sel de la Terre’s bar-menu burger.
3. Tomato: Pickled green tomatoes from Grillo’s.
4. Bacon: Benton’s hickory-smoked country bacon, available at Central Bottle Wine + Provisions.
5. Cheese: Cabot clothbound cheddar, available at Formaggio Kitchen.
6. Patty: Archer Farms grass-fed Angus chuck, round, and sirloin blend, used at Harvest; available directly at Savenor’s Market.