2013 BEST Butcher
M. F. Dulock
Anatomy of a Winner:
Whether you’re shopping for an elegant dinner party or a simple weeknight meal, you’re sure to find a bevy of options at this Somerville meat specialist. That’s because the butchers here break down whole animals to create a variety of tasty cuts. Here’s how they carved up a Berkshire/Yorkshire hybrid pig.
1. Pig head, for an adventurous crowd.
2. Boneless pork loin, which is perfect for roasts.
3. House-ground sweet Italian sausage.
4. Garlic-and-thyme sausage farce, for making stuffing.
5. Pig skin, for frying into cracklings.
6. Rolled porchetta, filled with garlic and herbs.
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to remove impersonators or personal attacks, threats, profanity, or flat-out offensive comments. By posting here, you are permitting Boston magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.