2013 BEST Barbecue Restaurant
Anatomy of a Winner:
Contained on a paper-lined tray (and scattered on the reclaimed wood table) is barbecue bliss, as follows.
1. A variety of house-made hot sauces lets you dress your meat as you please.
2. Fist-size biscuits are sinfully buttery and flaky.
3. Thirst-quenching cocktails come in a mason jar.
4. The crunchy “farm salad” provides welcome relief from the richness of the meat—and from the
5. cheesy, crumb-topped broccoli casserole.
6. The main event, the pork ribs, are smoky and tender.
7. Old-school accoutrements include pickles, shaved white onion, and squishy white bread, all of which balance the heat.
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to remove impersonators or personal attacks, threats, profanity, or flat-out offensive comments. By posting here, you are permitting Boston magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.