Bag Check: A Peek Inside Two Fitness Pros’ Gym Bags
Look inside the commuting-ready carryalls of two local fitness pros for inspirationâ€”and pack smart.
Bryan Kramer, personal trainer and fitness instructor, Equinox
The North Face â€śBase Campâ€ť duffel
1. Burberry Brit aftershave: â€śIt gives you a fresh feel after a hard workout.â€ť
2. American Crew pomade.
3. Lululemon shorts: â€śThey are very breathable, form-fitting, and have a well-placed zip pocket so I can bring a few bucks to the gym forÂ my post-workout shake.â€ť
4. Polar FT60: â€śI can keep track of my heart rate and use the timer for interval training.â€ť
5. Boxing wraps: â€śTo protect my hands during boxing workouts.â€ť
6. Inov-8 â€śF-lite 195â€ť shoes: â€śThe shoes have a very low profile with a zero rake [elevation in the heel] so I have better posture.â€ť
7. Flow Roll Jiu-Jitsu compression shirt: â€śItâ€™s a rash guard for jiu-jitsu to prevent staph infections or ringworm through skin-to-skinÂ contact.â€ť
8. Head & Shoulders shampoo.
9. Gillette Clear Gel deodorant.
Ali Baldassare, fitness instructor, Beacon Hill Athletic Club, North End Yoga, and Equinox
1. Lululemon yoga crops: Baldassare brings along a replacement pair of cropped pants so she can change after class. â€śStaying in sweaty clothes when youâ€™re done working out is just uncomfortable, especially in the winter.â€ť
2. Reebok Dance â€śUR Leadâ€ť high-tops: These kicks are Baldassareâ€™s pick for Zumba, but she might also have her cycling shoes or sneakers in tow, depending on the dayâ€™s schedule.
3. ENERGYbits: These organic algae tabs â€śprovide a quick energy boost before or in between classes and workouts.â€ť
4. Water bottle.
5. Baby powder: â€śI put this in my sneakers or cycling shoes post-workout to absorb the sweat and keep my shoes smelling fresh.â€ť
6. Umbrella: â€śBecause…Boston.â€ť
7. Marc Jacobs cosmetics bag.
8. Shiseido â€śPurenessâ€ť refreshing cleansing wipes: â€śThese wipes are a great on-the-go option to cleanse and refresh my skin.â€ť
9. Per-fekt Skin Perfection Gel: â€śA timesaver for when you donâ€™t have time to apply makeup before after-workout plans.â€ť
10. Josie Maran Argan Oil lip and cheek tint: â€śAdds a subtle hint of color to the lips and cheekbones.â€ť
11. Buxom waterproof mascara: â€śI donâ€™t wear a lot of makeup to the gym, but black mascara is a mustâ€”always.â€ť
Source URL: http://www.bostonmagazine.com/health/article/2013/11/27/fitness-professionals-gym-bags/