Healthy Food Items at Fenway [Updated]
Baseball may be known for hot dogs and beer, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t better options.
Aramark, the concessioner at Fenway, has introduced a variety of healthy food items into the mix over the last few seasons in order to adapt to Boston’s ever-changing taste for healthier foods and better nutrition, even at a ballgame. We are the third healthiest city in the country, after all. So, for those of us who want to enjoy a ballgame but not ruin our diets with Fenway Franks or pizza, there are now healthier items to choose from, including allergy-tested items.
There is a new gluten-free cart this season that offers hot dogs, beer, and snacks at Gate D, and gluten-free pizza is available at various pizza oven locations. Now, we understand that not all of the below items are actually healthy. There’s really no way to make healthy nachos, is there? But the options are better for you than traditional ballpark fare. Here are some healthier items that are available at Fenway this season:
- Vegetarian burgers and hot dogs (at the deli stand near the visitor clubhouse under grandstand 26)
- Veggie pizza
- Sushi (Gate A)
- Vegetarian tacos (upon request at the Big Concourse)
- Veggie topped nachos (upon request at various locations)
- Fresh whole fruit cart (Gate A)
- Fruit salad
- Hummus and pretzel chips (Grab N Go – Big Concourse)
- Assorted salads (Grab N Go – Big Concourse)
- Turkey and Caesar wraps (Grab N Go – Big Concourse)
- Yogurt (Grab N Go – Big Concourse)
- Grilled chicken sandwich (various)