Emerge Spa on Newbury Street Is Closing
The massive spa will shutter its doors and merge with G2O Spa and Salon.
There will be some prime real estate open on Newbury Street very soon.
Emerge Spa, a three-story salon and spa with a roof deck that’s been located on one of the Back Bay’s busiest blocks since 2006, is closing its doors May 31. But there’s no need for faithful customers to fret: The spa is merging with G2O Spa + Salon, which was founded by the same woman, Joyce Hampers, and located directly across the street. Joymark Inc. owns and operates both locations.
“G2O is the trend and continues to flourish and grow. With the consolidation of Emerge under the G2O brand we look forward to providing Bostonians with unparalleled services and amenities,” Hampers says.
G2O’s reps tell me that construction will begin in just a few weeks (the first week of April) and they hope to be done by May 31, just in time for a grand re-opening party the next day. The spa and salon will remain open during construction.
While the reps wouldn’t divulge how much the reno will cost, they did share a few details on what to expect:
- The salon, spa, lobby, and retail area will all be renovated, including a redesigned floor plan.
- The new salon will be redesigned to expand its capacity and provide an even better guest experience.
- The spa will see the addition of a new massage room and the esthetics department will be adding multiple pieces of “revolutionary” skincare equipment similar to medical skincare spas in order to offer clients’ state-of-the-art skin rejuvenation treatments that erase years from the appearance of skin.
- The spa will add new wellness options such as acupuncture and reiki.
- Upon completion, a new service menu will be launched including new services and a completely new design.
As for the enormous space that will soon be available on Newbury Street, there are no details (that they’d give us) at this time on who will fill the spot or what the rent was, but it’s safe to assume that another high-end retailer will grab the prime location very soon.