The Hubway Is Adding 11 New Locations This Week
There will be new stations in Boston, Brighton, Charlestown, Dorchester, and Roxbury.
By the end of this week, Boston will be home to 11 new Hubway locations.
According to an announcement from Boston Bikes, this is the Hubway’s first expansion since 2013. Since then, the company has analyzed location suggestions from riders, conversations with community organizers and residents, and the layout and limitations of the current network to determine neighborhoods that would be a good fit. The new stations will bring the grand total up to more than 150 sites spread across Boston, Cambridge, Brookline, Somerville, Roxbury, Brighton, and Charlestown.
This week’s new locations include:
- Franklin Park Zoo, at Franklin Park Road and Blue Hill Avenue, Boston
- North Station, at Nashua Street and Martha Road, Boston
- Wentworth Institute of Technology, at Huntington Avenue between Ruggles and Vancouver Streets, Boston (open now)
- Brighton Center, at Cambridge Street and Washington Street, Brighton
- Brock Street and Washington Street, Brighton
- Main Street at Eden Street, Charlestown
- Bunker Hill Community College, near Austin Street, Charlestown
- Dorchester Avenue and Harbor View Street, Dorchester
- Franklin Park at Seaver Street, Roxbury (open now)
- West Broadway at D Street, South Boston (open now)
- The Lawn on D, at D street by the Westin Hotel, South Boston
Four more locations—one each in the South End, Seaport District, Dorchester, and Jamaica Plain—are currently pending.