You Can Spend Valentine’s Day with a Dog This Year
Dog borrowing app Bark ‘N’ Borrow found the five most eligible dogs in Boston.
Are you taking your single status pretty hard this Valentine’s Day? Would you rather play in the snow than eat a five-course prix fixe? Is giving a belly rub your idea of a good date?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, dog borrowing app Bark ‘N’ Borrow—yes, that’s a real thing—has the solution you never knew you needed. The app, which basically works like a (far less obscene) Tinder for spending time with other people’s dogs, has determined the five dogs that have been requested most-often since the service launched in November. The idea is that you can spend your holiday with a top-notch furry companion instead of a tear-soaked box of Russell Stover.
In all seriousness, time with pets has been linked with some legitimate health benefits, like lower rates of cardiovascular disease, lower blood pressure, and stress reduction. At the very least, it might cheer you up and get you exercising instead of binge eating.
Convinced? Here are the five most popular pups in Boston:
1. Sophie, a 1-year-old French bulldog. She likes long naps.
2. Pi, a 1-year-old Boston terrier. He likes to play with kids.
3. Lady, a 7-year-old labrador. She likes riding shotgun (clearly).
4. Bruno, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy. He likes socializing with other dogs and people.
5. Hippie, a 5-year-old Pomeranian. She’s a big fan of belly rubs.