Try This 20-Minute Cardio Kickboxing Workout
Work up a sweat, even when you’re strapped for time.
In last month’s snowed-in cardio workout, you were challenged to move to the beat of the music and groove. This month’s workout is similar. For each song, you’ll alternate between move 1 and move 2 for the duration of the track. (Check out the above video for a quick breakdown of the exercises.) Switch on and off at your own pace—just make sure you keep moving.
Fire up the playlist below, then get going.
Song 1: “Solo Dance,” by Martin Jensen
- Move 1: Do four jump ropes and two jumping jacks for at least eight rounds, then switch to move 2
- Move 2: Do at least 16 squats before returning to move 1.
Song 2: “Perm,” by Bruno Mars
- Move 1: Start in fighter’s stance, with your left foot forward and your fists by your cheeks. Do four rounds of one jab and one cross, followed by four rounds of a left and right uppercut.
- Move 2: Pulse in a sumo squat at least 16 times before repeating.
Song 3: “Say Goodbye,” by Cheat Codes
- Move 1: Do jumping jacks to the beat. Shoot for 30 seconds before switching to move 2.
- Move 2: Come down to high plank position for push-ups. Work for about 30 seconds, then switch back to jacks.
Song 4: “Blow Your Mind,” by Dua Lipa
- Move 1: Roundhouse kick to the right 16 times, then to the left 16 times. Point your toes and think about making impact with your sneaker laces as you do this.
- Move 2: Run with high knees when the music picks up. Continue for about 30 seconds, then repeat the sequence.
Song 5: “Champagne Problems,” by Nick Jonas
- Move 1: Do at least 16 front kicks, alternating legs.
- Move 2: Get into your high plank position. From there, tap your right knee to your right shoulder, then your left knee to your left shoulder. Do at least 16 plank taps, and focus on keeping your hips low and stable.
Song 6: “Just Hold On,” by Steve Aoki and Louis Tomlinson
- Move 1: Sit on the ground and set up for sit-ups. Sit up, then do two jab crosses. Repeat at least eight times, then switch to move 2.
- Move 2: Place your hands behind your head. Do at least 16 crunches to the beat, then go back to move 1.
Song 7: “Lighthouse,” by Hearts & Colors
- Move 1: Come into fighter’s stance, with your left foot forward. Jab left, cross right, and hook left. Work for about 50 seconds.
- Move 2: When the music picks up, scissor your feet with speed bag hands for about 30 seconds. Land with your right foot forward and go back to move 1, but this time jab right, cross left, hook right.
Song 8: “Castle on the Hill,” by Ed Sheeran
Spend this last song stretching. Start in a forward fold and then focus on leg, shoulder, and arm stretches.