Make This Healthy Breakfast Skillet Recipe for Brunch
You’ll never need brunch reservations again.
Who says you need to leave the house to have a luxurious brunch? This hearty but healthy breakfast skillet makes for a delicious meal without much effort. Plus, the recipe below serves anywhere from two to four people, depending on what else is on the menu.
We highly recommend making this dish in a cast iron skillet. Placing one in the center of your table immediately adds a homey, comfort-cooking feel to any meal. Don’t have one? You can buy this versatile pan at almost any kitchen or cookware store for under $100.
- 2 large parsnips
- 2 large carrots
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Wash your veggies, then chop them into bite-sized pieces.
2. Toss your veggies with the oil and seasonings. Add them to your skillet and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
3. When the 20 minutes is up, toss the veggies and crack your eggs over them. (Pro tip: For easier clean up, try to avoid getting eggs on the edges of your skillet.) Put your pan back in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
4. Remove your cast iron skillet from the oven, and sprinkle your eggs with a little sea salt and pepper. Serve with greens and your favorite toast.