The Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series Is Coming Back
The free fitness extravaganza kicks off June 3.
In less than a month, Boston’s most extensive free fitness series will begin again.
The Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series kicks off its 2017 season on June 3, offering a whopping 26 free classes each and every week, in neighborhoods all over the city—especially those traditionally underserved by health resources. The series continues all summer long, wrapping up on August 31.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Zumba at the North End’s Christopher Columbus Park (6 p.m.)
- Yoga at Roxbury’s Gertrude Howes Park (6 p.m.)
- Salsa dancing at the South End’s Blackstone Square (6 p.m.)
- Yoga at Hyde Park’s McGann Playground (6:30 p.m.)
- Line dancing at Dorchester’s Franklin Park, on Refectory Hill (6:30 p.m.)
- Yoga at South Boston’s Medal of Honor Park on M Street (6:30 a.m.)
- Tai chi at Roslindale’s Adams Park (7 a.m.)
- Chair yoga at Fenway’s Symphony Park (10 a.m.)
- Zumba at Gertrude Howes Park (6 p.m.)
- Yoga at the South End’s Franklin Square (6 p.m.)
- Full Body Fusion at Dorchester’s Elmhurst Park (6:30 p.m.)
- Kids’ fitness at Charlestown’s Thomas M. Menino Park (10 a.m.)
- Family Zumba at East Boston’s LoPresti Park (6:00 p.m.)
- Line dancing at Franklin Park, on Refectory Hill (6:30 p.m.)
- HIIT in Brighton Square (6:30 p.m.)
- Gentle yoga at Christopher Columbus Park (10 a.m.)
- Kids’ fitness at Medal of Honor Park (1o a.m.)
- Yoga at Mattapan’s Almont Park (10 a.m.)
- Until July 27: Tai chi at Symphony Park (10 a.m.)
- Yoga at the Boston Common’s Frog Pond (6 p.m.)
- HIIT at Mother’s Rest, in Dorchester’s Four Corners (6 p.m.)
- Bootcamp at Christopher Columbus Park (6:30 a.m.)
- Walking group at Franklin Park (8 a.m.)
- Yoga at Franklin Park, on School Master Hill (9:15 a.m.)
- Family yoga at Almont Park (10 a.m.)
- Yoga at Jamaica Plain’s Jamaica Pond, on Pinebank Promontory (2 p.m.)
With new locations and class offerings, this year’s summer fitness series promises to be the best one yet.
For addresses and more information, click here.