A Boston Marathon Scavenger Hunt
Bostonâ€™s 26.2 isnâ€™t just the worldâ€™s oldest annually contested marathon (sorry, Greece). Boasting 500,000 spectators, itâ€™s also New Englandâ€™s most widely attended sporting event (sorry, Pats). But unless youâ€™re on the lookout for a friend or family member, the race is hardly an on-the-edge-of-your-seat experience. Why else do you think all those people camp out at Boylston Street bars to guzzle pints? (Yes, okay, people do that at Gillette, too.) To add a little juice to Marathon Monday, challenge yourself to locate these folks among the finishers. The bonus for spotting them all? Another beer, of course!
A whoâ€™s who of the impressive and impressively dressed in this yearâ€™s marathon. Pictured above, clockwise from top:
- Geoffrey Mutai, last yearâ€™s menâ€™s winner
- The Burger Brigade, a 20-strong group dressed as burgers and fries from the local burger chain B.Good
- Team Hoyt, the father-son pair that has run the race 29 years in a row (Dick pushes his son Rick in a wheelchair)
- Wakako Tsuchida , the five-time female wheelchair champ
- Neil Bernstein, the guy who dresses as the Pesky Pole
Extra points for finding: A barefoot runner, someone crawling across the finish line (hey, done is done), three different superheroes, a marriage proposal not at the finish line, Waldo.
Source URL: http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2012/04/13/search-and-enjoy-a-boston-marathon-scavenger-hunt/