The Five Richest People in Massachusetts
Forbes just released the annual “Forbes 400” list, detailing the fortunes of America’s richest people, and from it, we get a glimpse at the wealthy among us in Massachusetts. Here’s how they rank:
- Abigail Johnson, the president of Fidelity Investments, is worth $11.8 billion. She lives in Milton, and she’s 27th on the list overall.
- Next is Abigail’s father, Edward C. Johnson III, worth $6.5 billion. He’s the CEO of Fidelity, he lives in Boston, and he’s 52nd on the list overall.
- Amos Hostetter, Jr., worth $2.6 billion, made his money in cable television. He lives in Boston and comes in at 170th on the Forbes list.
- Robert Kraft, owner of the New England Patriots, is worth $2.3 billion. He lives in Brookline and ranks 206th on the overall list.
- Jim Davis and family are together worth $2.1 billion. Davis is the chairman of New Balance, he lives in Newton, and he comes in at 229 on the overall list.
Students of Bay State wealth will notice that the list hasn’t changed that much since Forbes put out its “Billionaire” list this spring, from which we could also divine the identity of Massachusetts’ richest residents. The only real shift is that Kraft has moved past Davis into fourth place, based updated figures from Forbes. It’s a tough loss … but when you’re worth $2.1 billion, it’s probably not that tough.