Harvard Group Is Hosting a Reenactment of a Satanic Black Mass

The school and Boston’s Archdiocese called the event, which will be held on campus, “controversial.”

Update, May 13, 8:35 a.m.: The Black Mass at Harvard was cancelled at the last minute.

Earlier: An independent group of students from the Harvard Extension School are hosting a controversial reenactment of a Satanic “Black Mass” ceremony at a space on the school’s campus this month, which has raised eyebrows in the community and led to the condemnation of the ritual by the Archdiocese of Boston.

Members of the Harvard Extension Cultural Studies Club, who posted fliers and notices on campus and online about the Satanic worshipping happening on May 12, said the event is educational and meant to add historical context to a lecture on the subject that will precede it. “Our purpose is not to denigrate any religion or faith, which would be repugnant to our educational purposes, but instead to learn and experience the history of different cultural practices,” the group said in a statement. “This performance is part of a larger effort to explore religious facets that continue to influence contemporary culture.”

The group has teamed up with members from the New York-based Satanic Temple, the same organization that has been fighting tooth and nail to get a bronze Satanic statue installed outside of Oklahoma’s State House this year, to carry out the demonstration and reenactment of the Black Mass. The Satanic Temple will provide commentary and historical background as the ritual is happening, according to event details posted on the Harvard Extension Cultural Studies Club’s website.

A Black Mass usually mocks Catholic teachings and the word of God. While the mass will have elements of what typically occurs, the group said it “unequivocally does not include a consecrated host.” Instead, they will use a piece of bread.

Here is the flier that the group used to promote the event online:

Satan

In response to some outrage about the planned ceremony, which is scheduled to take place at Harvard’s Queen’s Head Pub, in Memorial Hall, school officials said while they don’t condone this particular type of worship, they have no plans to shut the gathering down. “Students at Harvard Extension School, like students at colleges across the nation, organize and operate a number of independent student organizations, representing a wide range of student interests,” Harvard officials said in a written statement.

Members of the club said the Satanic worship is part of a larger series that explores different cultures from around the world, and will be followed up by events such as a Shinto tea ceremony, a Shaker exhibition, and a Buddhist presentation on meditation.

Despite the fact that it’s merely a demonstration, the planned ritual has Boston’s Catholic Church officials worried. In a lengthy statement posted to Facebook, where they expressed their “deep sadness and strong opposition” to the event, the Archdiocese of Boston warned against conjuring up the devil under such circumstances—even if it’s for educational purposes. “For the good of the Catholic faithful and all people, the Church provides clear teaching concerning Satanic worship. This activity separates people from God and the human community, it is contrary to charity and goodness, and it places participants dangerously close to destructive works of evil,” the statement said. “Pope Francis warned of the danger of being naïve about or underestimating the power of Satan, whose evil is too often tragically present in our midst. We call upon all believers and people of good will to join us in prayer for those who are involved in this event, that they may come to appreciate the gravity of their actions, and in asking Harvard to disassociate itself from this activity.”

The Harvard Chaplains echoed the church’s sentiments, and have strongly opposed the event. “We hasten to add that we do not think the issue presented here is primarily one of ‘academic freedom.’ Just because something may be permissible does not make it right or good,” they said in a statement. “Whether or not these students are ‘entitled’ to express themselves through the ceremony of a “Black Mass” as a matter of law or University policy is a distinct question from whether this is a healthy form of intellectual discourse or community life.  We submit it is not.”

As word spread about the event, more Catholic leaders came forward, slamming the university and expressing outrage about them allowing the ritual to move ahead as planned. “You have a special responsibility over Harvard’s reputation as well as occupy the most prominent position of all to demonstrate what Harvard stands for,” said Fr. Roger Landry, Diocese of Fall River, in a damning letter addressed to Harvard President Drew Faust. “The Founders of Harvard would, I think, be ashamed that a school to which they gave the motto ‘Veritas: Christo et Ecclesiae’ would allow itself to be used in any way whatsoever as the staging for Satanic worship.”

Faust responded to the mayhem Monday, after it boiled over during the weekend, and said the school has to uphold students’ rights to free expression and speech, even in the face of extreme controversy such as this. “The decision by a student club to sponsor an enactment of this ritual is abhorrent; it represents a fundamental affront to the values of inclusion, belonging and mutual respect that must define our community. It is deeply regrettable that the organizers of this event, well aware of the offense they are causing so many others, have chosen to proceed with a form of expression that is so flagrantly disrespectful and inflammatory,” she said. “Nevertheless, consistent with the University’s commitment to free expression, including expression that may deeply offend us, the decision to proceed is and will remain theirs.”

Harvard Extension School officials also made clear that they do not endorse the views or activities of any independent student organization such as this one. “But we do support the rights of our students and faculty to speak and assemble freely,” they said.

In reaction to the Black Mass, Boston’s Archdiocese said Cambridge students are organizing an hour of “Adoration and Benediction in reparation for offenses against the Holy Eucharist,” close to where the Satanic demonstration will take place, at St. Paul Parish in Harvard Square. Faust said she would attend that holy ceremony.

• Isabel K

It is not a right to worship and conjure evil spirits (and anything else that is considered evil, harmful, murderous, and offensive). And it should never be allowed. Harvard has said they don’t condone this behavior, so they have the responsibility to prevent this from happening. They are creating a great disservice to society if they just use words to say “we don’t condone” but never use their actions to actually show and follow through it. It’s never “a commentary” or “educational” to show something that mocks another faith and desecrates something holy. No wonder exorcisms are on the increase when people are conjuring evil spirits upon themselves (unknowingly or knowingly). I pray that everyone involved would know how wrong this is, and stop.

• Jarek

Get in there and stop them!
      It’s what God would want. Take up arms!!

• Mike

“It’s what God would want” is possibly the scariest sentence ever uttered, especially when followed by violent action. “Put away your sword.” Matthew 26:52

• Jarek

It’s hilarious that you thought I was serious.

Too bad for you…

• Fawn Burnette

there may be a war of good and evil, however it has been a one sided war. What has always been “perceivable” good has always dictated the standards of good and evil. I say let the games begin, educate yourselves to know where you stand and then be firm. Seek your own truths, do not depend on the truths of others to be truth. Do not allow the dogma of others become your truth.

How many christians have really checked out their own history, how many really know of all the “evil” done by the rising of the catholic church, the inquisitions, the hundreds of years of killing, killing in the name of “god”. Of all the killing in the old testament, men, women and even infants (not killed by satan but by god or under his orders). Before the inquisitions were the crusades to completely wipe out the cathers. People are so comfortable to believe without doing their own research.

I think this is great people stepping out to learn for themselves, not what they are told. There are so many good satanists, they are doctors, firefighters and so on. It is fear that keeps control of people.

• Jen

It’s cute that you actually think evil spirits can be conjured. Citation needed regarding not having the right to worship whatever you choose. People do lawful stuff that offends me all the time, get over it.

• Isabel

No it isn’t cute. This is not a mere “I disagree with you” kind of thing. This is pure evil. Satan is evil. The Klu Klux Klan, for example, is evil. And I would not want them to show an actual lynching (even on a effigy) and say that it’s “educational”. As for citation, ask those who got exorcised because they were dabbling in black magic and dark occult. And they can tell you why worshipping evil should be forbidden and has severe consequences. Ask priests who are trained as exorcists.

• Jen

Gee, I’m thinking about all those poor folks who were mentally ill and got ‘exorcised.’ They were never ‘possessed’- there is no such thing. I’m thinking pedophile priests are pure evil and as such I am thoroughly offended by any public display of Catholic faith but, alas, such behavior is lawful and so I will leave it alone. You claimed there is no ‘right’ to worship whatever you please. Of course there is, it’s called the US Constitution. The fact that you believe in a bunch of voodoo nonsense has no bearing on my rights.

• Isabella

Yes I agree. Those pedophile priests are evil- and any pedophiles for that matter. They remind me of the “Parable of the Weeds” where the enemy sowed weeds into someone else’s wheat field. And it was only during harvest time they were sorted out. The bad people are the weeds and the good people are the wheat.

I’m not here to argue. I am here to warn those involved that this is completely dangerous, and you are entitled to believe me or not. There are good choices and bad choices, this one is the latter. I would emphatically say ‘this is wrong’ if someone was drugging themselves to death too. And spiritual harm is more dangerous than physical harm. Why would anyone want to honor the epitome of hatred? The more one feeds into evil and hate (Satan), the one goes farther from good and love (God).

• Jen

I agree with all you are saying about what is good…and I hope you recognize that people of all faiths and those with none can achieve that. But I would not agree with spiritual harm being greater than physical harm- although this is clearly a matter of having faith versus not. A gun to my head is a far greater threat than some ritual. The ritual these students are performing is nothing more than a bit of theater worked into a larger educational program. I understand that you do not feel that way and I hope you will not continue to be disturbed by it- but I cannot see my way clear to people of one faith dictating what others may and may not do. I’m sure you would not limit what others may read about, for example, lest they get ‘ideas’ about bad things!

• Isabella

I understand what you’re saying and you’re right: the perspective of a nonbeliever and believer in this situation would be completely different. For a nonbeliever, this is just another faith (but I must add, this is faith in evil) and would not see why this would be wrong because to him there is no God or Satan, there is no Heaven or Hell, there is no existence after death. To a nonbeliever, life on earth is the final end and therefore the idea of “spirits”, a “soul”, and “spiritual harm” is nonsensical. So this entire situation to a nonbeliever is just a show and most likely would find it amusing.

But to a believer of life after death, this is serious. The physical body lasts only a short time on earth, but the soul – that spirit that brings life on that body- is immortal and everlasting. If that soul spends his time worshipping Satan (the representation of evil), that soul is binding itself with evil spirits and choosing Hell where evil reigns. Imagine an *everlasting* state of anger and hate under inextinguishable fires- that’s what Hell is and that’s why it’s so dangerous. No soul should ever go there. All souls should be in eternal peace in Heaven with God (the representation of all that is good: love, joy, forgiveness, and kindness).

So that’s why to me, this is not just a show and I’m sincerely concerned that the participants are putting their souls in danger. But as a believer, God is forgiving and gives everyone many chances to turn back from bad choices. The soul’s end should be in God, not the other one.

• Jen

I believe you are sincere in your concern. However, the problem is that you claimed they do not have the RIGHT to this kind of worship. In this country, they certainly do. You are free to speak your mind, to reach out to them in the hope that they will stop, but you are absolutely not entitled to use the force of law to do so. The Satanist are merely the most dramatic example….. there are people who hold your view (and I do not mean you personally) who would apply that same prohibition to any non-Christian. To me this is an all-or-nothing proposition in which we either allow people to express themselves or we have a theocracy. There is nothing in between and a theocracy is good for no one.

• Isabella

That’s the thing: I don’t think this is just a mere expression and I’ve been trying to explain that worshipping evil is wrong and not a right (both lawfully and morally). I agree with this quote from John Paul II: “Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.”

Clearly there are different opinions on this and there’s no point in going back and forth. There’s the opinion where *worshipping evil* is okay, and there’s another opinion where *worshipping evil* is wrong. I’m for the latter.

Thanks though for sharing your insights. I’m gonna peace out on this thread.

• Fawn Burnette

no, whats not right is bashing and or stopping any one from seeking their own freedom or happiness, another words shake the sand from you shows and get on your way.

• Isabella

‘”Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.” – John Paul II… A drug addict likes to use drugs. An alcoholic likes to drink. Are they free? Rather, I would think they are a slave to their impulses.’

• rod masom

It’s delusional people carrying out an act that could cause a very negative consequence; contact the Chief Exorcist of Rome, Fr, Gabriel Amarsh, if you should doubt it. He’s had to deal with the fallout from these types of evil actions for a very long time. And nothing even remotely healthy or positive can come in the black mass’s taking place. Au contraire, very unhealthy negativism only engendered by deeply evil occurrences will result. And despite what the Harvard group proclaims, it’s also a very hateful and intolerant thing to do; they wouldn’t dream of doing it to Jewish religious practices or to African – American Gospel service religious practices, and rightfully so. So what makes it OK to do it to the main religious and central act of the Catholic Church? Some cover gobbledygook about “educational context” bloviating won’t cut it. It couldn’t possibly be related in a retalitationary way to the official teaching of the Catholic Church against “gay” marriage, could it? Hmmmmmm………

• rod masom

Sorry, the Chief Exorcist’s name in Rome is Fr. GABRIEL AMORTH. My bad.

• Fawn Burnette

Most people only know one side of things, they only know evil as presented from the poppet. Do you ever hear anyone in the catholic church preach about how they put 2 year olds in ovens amongst the many torturers that the catholic church did between the 12th to 14th centuries, and more over time. I look at it like sibling rivalry, anyone with kids knows the guilty kid is usually the loudest and most insistent that you listen to him/her and not the sibling. Everyone fears what they are taught to fear, fear is control. Bottom line is catholic teachings and beliefs belong in their church period. If you really get down to it to pray or to will another to do something against their will is same as magic practices.

• Elizabeth K.

Presented from the poppet? Oh, popinjay. Reading Jack Chick BAC?

• http://simpleasaflower.com Kate

Seems legit. They’re not using a consecrated host, they’re not summoning anything, they’re merely holding a demonstration. It would be like me–a woman who is obviously not a Catholic priest–demonstrating a Mass. It shows what it looks like, but doesn’t actually do anything.

• 127guy

Why don’t you head over there on Sunday with Koran and light it up? Then let us know what happens.

• Rudi Block

…because that’s not what you do in a church OR a mosque?

• 127guy

Rudi, get help. Immediately, babe. Call me.

• Rudi Block

I don’t need help, 127guy; I’m sure I could figure out how to light religious texts on fire if I wanted to.

• 127guy

Rud man, I think you have a little too much time on your hands.

• Rudi Block

Because I’m commenting on the same article you are with the same frequency?

• 127guy

It’s nice that you try to keep up.

• Rudi Block

You’re a force to be reckoned with, but I do my best.

• 127guy

I’m sure you do.

• Rudi Block

Totally.

• 127guy

BTW, are you one of the 47%?

• Rudi Block

Yeah, I actually used the tax money I should have paid to the federal government to fund my membership to the Satanic Temple and I’m writing this from a computer I got in a food stamp trade. Yr tax dollars at work, sucka!

• 127guy

Thought so. BTW, how’s that ‘hope and change’ working out for you?

• Rudi Block

It’s great! I went to see my new Obamacare doctor for the sniffles and came out with a medical marijuana card. Gonna kick back, get stoned, and wait for the socialist revolution over here. Tofu burgers for everyone!

• 127guy

A man needs to know his limitations and you clearly have.

• Rudi Block

Limitations? My miiiiiiiiiiiiiiind is expanding.

• 127guy

Now, now. Nothing about your weed consumption which is a given.

• jiggles

Extension School. ‘Nuff said.

• Bracken MacLeod

It’s hilarious that anyone is concerned about this because they think a) that there’s a devil to be summoned and b) this will do it. LOLOL!

• Kathleen

Someone in the area should go over and hang a sign: “Abandon all hope, ye who enter here” – at the entrance to Queens Head Pub in Memorial Hall.

• Egan Budd

Ave Satanas!!!

• Andrew

It really isn’t needed to quote the Black Mass, is it?

• SteelPotArmy

If these cowards are legit, I challenge them to change their schedule and do a Muslim service before all the others. Bet I could hear the screaming all the way here in the Midwest from CAIR and company about a bunch of rich white boys who forgot to “check their privilege” before insulting the his majesty the prophet. It was also show that these poorly endowed individuals are liars in about ten seconds.

• Christine Vezina

Not if they invited actual Muslum leaders to host the demonstration, and respectfully sat out of any parts non-Muslums cannot participate in.

Privilege abuse would be to just start hosting various religious cermonies without regard for the people who started or still hold those customs. I was afraid when I opened this article that would be the case here, because idiots love to screw around and call it Satanism. But since they’re having an actual Satanic group host the activities, it doesn’t qualify. You see the difference?

• MotherGinger

It’s not an actual Satanic group; it’s atheists who use Satan as an analogy for freethinking.

How would you feel if the actual Westboro Baptist Church was invited to come in and do an actual Quran-burning? Because that’s what this is comparable to – the “black mass” has no inherent value to Satanists; its sole purpose is to mock the Catholic faith.

• Seamus

I guess the prohibition against “hate speech” at Harvard has been repealed–or at least apparently doesn’t apply to attacks on Catholics. Harvard hypocrisy is stunning.

• http://www.fibrowitch.net Jan Dumas

How do I get an invite? The students don’t need to invite any one to reenact a Catholic, or Christian Mass, a Jewish Service or what ever goes on in an Islamic Mosque. They can walk to any one of those things without leaving site of campus. It’s the outlier groups like the Satanic Temple, who are being invited to show a side of religious life that Harvard Students don’t get to see. I hope they will also be willing to let some of the local covens speak to them on their unique take on religion.

• 127guy

Jan, all loonies are welcome. I’ll be there in the back in full headdress in honor of our distinguished senior senator. Bring some toads or something…

• Max

Where are the atheists protesting? If God doesn’t exist to them, then the devil doesn’t either. I’m calling all atheists to block this thing. And it’s Harvard, I expect their approval of satan and the disapproval of the Pro-Life movement. That’s where you’re sending your children.

• Jarek

These people are atheists. They’ve openly voiced support for secularism on their website.

http://www.thesatanictemple.com/join/

Give them $80 and you can get that fancy membership card though ;D

• Ann Gates

morons. welcome to Harvard!!

• Noelle Villafuerte Kenny

What’s next? A KKK service catered to bigots all under the guise of freedom of speech?? I am beyond appalled that the Harvard community would allow this.

• Pigoon Rancher

Our First Amendment would specifically protect that. No need to be appalled. The philosophy behind our First Amendment is that the best antidote to stupid or offensive speech is counter-speech.

• Joseph McPherson

The First Amendment applies to the government.

• Pigoon Rancher

I know. I was applying generally to Noelle, whose comment suggests that some speech just shouldn’t be allowed (as though Harvard is to “smart” or “progressive” or whatever to allow the reenactment)

• Padraigin

The sweet Noelle, appalled to the point of refraction by the usual designed distraction: Baphomet Balkan moments in perfect Cabalistic harmony

Harvard, surely not, that den of Tribal games, designed to divide and misrule, Kissinger the False Flag bearer of the delights that you now see, playing upon the global stage, a spectacle that even rose tainted google glasses can’t disguise, are you in for a almost un-bearable big picnic surprise when you awaken.

For a little edification on the Obamination and things less than salubrious on this playpen we know as Earth Central, read on, fear not.

rense (dot) com/general95/evil-house (dot) html

• Alyxander M Folmer

Unless you’re equally appalled when the Catholics get to hold THEIR mass, then you’re a hypocrite. Freedom of speech means freedom for EVERYONE. (Including people you don’t like)

• Laura Bowman

So, you’re good with the KKK suggestion, then?

• Andre

Faust!

• Jarek

These people aren’t doing anything more than roll playing. When they aren’t doing this they’re awkwardly Larping in a JC Penny’s parking lot. There’s no reason to be offended at all. Unless you’re somebody who actually takes the occult seriously.
    100% reactionary movement right here. The fact that they’re from Brooklyn says it all.

• ponerology

Gemara and halakich (sp?) Brooklyn

• Rudi Block

Didn’t know much about The Satanic Temple, so I decided to read their website: “The Satanic Temple seeks to separate Religion from Superstition by acknowledging religious belief as a metaphorical framework with which we construct a narrative context for our goals and works. Satan stands as the ultimate icon for the selfless revolt against tyranny, free & rational inquiry, and the responsible pursuit of happiness.” So, basically this is a group of secularists who think Lucifer seems like more of a protagonist than an antagonist. Are people really scared of them talking for a couple hours on Harvard’s campus?

• Jarek

+1 to the guy who actually went and read what they’re about.
      Any rational human being would be confused by that statement.

• Rudi Block

Call me old-fashioned, but I figure if you’re going to fill the comment section with accusations of demon-summoning it might be a good idea to figure out whether the people you’re accusing actually believe in demons or not. Hopefully once everyone reads a few paragraphs and changes their pants we can go back to ignoring extension school extracurricular activities.

• Jarek

Not “old-fashioned,” just common sense.
          No need to fear the Satanic Atheists!

• Padraigin

Cabal Capers, a tasty treat if you know how

Whatever be stated by State, secular or religious, by Baphomet or Harvard, the canard be the same, a Tribal charade, the sheep be played for shearing and spearing, chosen one’s having their fun whilst the comatose sleep on, those common “demon” dreams of the scorpion their reward.

• Guest

Confusing quote: “Satan stands as the ultimate icon for the selfless revolt against (1) tyranny, (2) free & rational inquiry, and (3) the responsible pursuit of happiness.” (Numbering mine.)

• http://luxferre.wordpress.com poǝןɔɐɯ uǝʞɔɐɹq

Renumber the first item on your list and it makes sense: “Satan stands as the ultimate icon for (1) the selfless revolt against tyranny, (2) free & rational inquiry, and (3) the responsible pursuit of happiness.”

• ponerology

Happy trails..let us know how that works out for you.

• Guest

I can’t even see why anyone would see Satan as being responsible in his pursuit of happiness. Unless of course they were deceived by Satan or his followers to think that. Besides Satan’s happiness will ultimately lead to others unhappiness not help his followers to attain it. One who is known as the Father of Lies cannot be expected to lead people in the right direction only despair.

Since he’s a fictional character, they can make him reflect any qualities they like. Satanism is Christian fan-fiction.

• Pigoon Rancher

I certainly find the Catholic church a thousand times scarier.

• Peter

Really? Catholic church pioneered educational institutions, health care, both of which i am sure you have taken advantage of. they fight for human rights, protection of the unborn, they are the largest charity in USA and in the world, they preach LOVE, respect, and humility. there is not one grain of hidden agenda in the Catholic Church, its all in the Bible by the way. Please take your time to distinguish between the faith/institution and humans that run it. No one is perfect, but at least the message is consistent,.. LOVE ONE ANOTHER, rather than do whatever you want.

• Amon Xepera

and they only murdered 65 million, give or take, people to accomplish those magnanimous feats. Such nice folks……

• baralty

I din’t think you know what you are talking about. Someone has lied to you

• Amon Xepera

yes, that would be history.

• 127guy

“Give or take…” BTW, were you confusing the 65M with aborted babies?

• Peter

Yes, people do bad things, in name of religion, politics but really because they are evil. would you care to share where you got this figure? Oh, and do you support planned parenthood?

• Pigoon Rancher

Want to know what else the Catholic church pioneered? Systemetized bigotry, the religious crusades, globalized bigotry and sexism, and of course, institutionalized child exploitation. And, although they didn’t pioneer it, their church has certainly been creative with money laundering.

• Padraigin

The cards are all jokers: in which camp will you fall, hypnotised by the Tribe’s tools, always playing all sides of the same circus clown coin

If you choose not our one created absurdity, that Good Shepherd meme, then how about that other created absurdity, the Harvard Baphomet scheme, whilst we divide and rule, enjoying the spectacle of your unedifying drool.

• Rudi Block

Dude, being an internet troll is different than LARPing as a troll: ohnoetry that reads like a brochure for the Gathering of the Juggalos is not necessary for every post.

• Padraigin

You were saying, rudely blocked by Harvard unfrocked

Your recommendation, of sad sack tonation, falls on sterile ground, it be artfully unsound, and you be so quaint like Mary so faint, such cute faux intellect, LARPINGhohoetry the domain of the Harvard suspect, in a nutshell then, for cretins like thee, SMD.

• Laura Bowman

…and you really expected The Satanic Temple web site to NOT try to put their organization in the most non-objectionable light possible? I mean, really. “Satan stands as the ultimate icon for the selfless revolt against tyranny, free & rational inquiry, and the responsible pursuit of happiness”? Egad.

• elong21

Really, this is news? Want to upset the Catholics even more? Follow the black mass with a showing of Monty Python’s “Life of Brian” and then Roman Polanski’s “Rosemary’s Baby” and then put on the Rolling Stones album “Their Satanic Majesties Request”! Then again, they can always try to pray away the mass…

• http://europa-antiqua-arca.blogspot.com/ clavdivs

I’m guessing they’ll be burning a Koran next week. Or no?

• OH no this won’t do

Well I don’t think so. Actually this should open the door for every religion to have a religious service inside the school.

• Elizabeth K.

I can’t believe his name is Faust.

• BABH
      • Padraigin

A faustian slip be showing under the “Illuminated” Baphomet bulge ;-)

• Elizabeth K.

Thanks for the link BABH–she’s also a descendant of Jonathan Edwards? As in, Sinners in The Hands of an Angry God? Honestly, this is the best.story.ever. You can’t write fiction this good.

• Jarek

I thought I was the only one that thought that was hilarious. The irony is just too much!

• BABH

I love that *Catholics* are trying to invoke the beliefs of Harvard’s
    founders. Harvard’s founders would happily burn the Church of the Holy
    Cross to the ground, and burn Cardinal O’Malley at the stake.

• ponerology

The response from O’Malley is un-shockingly effeminate.

• Tracy Sun Stott

Kissinger, Summers, Zuckerberg, NAMBLA, etc.? Come on. Harvard has been hosting and breeding demons for quite some time now.

Have some sympathy!

• Padraigin

The Game is Up, right up your Harvard street

Yep, all manner of spitting biting toxic serpents in plain sight, a Baphomet delight, Francis a Cheshire grinning mite flying the same flag, those different colors an illusion played by the “son”.

• Joseph McPherson

Anyone with a Harvard Extension Degree shouldpr0test the demeaning o their degree, catholicsat harvard and from cambridge and boston should make a special effort to go0 to Mass at St. Paul’s in Cambridge on that day. Ralph Waldo Emerson I lame you for the intellectual fog.

• Alyxander M Folmer

Does that mean I get to protest every time you go to Catholic Mass?

It’s important to actually THINK about the implications of the things you say.

• Hp B

Like all the racist supremacist hate speech uttered by Jewish leaders from Ben Gurion to Meir to Bibi?
        Not to mention the (grab your Tums) OT

• Laura Bowman

If it makes you feel better, go ahead and protest every time Mr McPherson goes to mass. I don’t think it will bother him.

• ChristopherBlackwell

Why is freedom of religion so terrifying to people? Ah it is that part about freedom to practice any religion, or have no belief at all.

Did you know that heretic literally means to choose. Make any choice, rather than blindly follow what you are told, and you are by definition. a heretic.

It has always disturbed me that the believers in a church are sometimes referred to as a flock the minster as the shepherd.

While a good Shepard takes care of his flock, may I remind you that the shepherd also will fleece them and send them the slaughter house. His care of the sheep is for his own benefit and not the benefit of the sheep.

• Padraigin

Dream on oh sleeping satellite, comatose in the spot lit shadows of his masters voice

Two insanities will never make the case for sound judgement in matters Being, ChristopherBlackbewell.

• ChristopherBlackwell

Now how does that relate to anything that I said in my post? Never had a master and never have been a follower nor do I have any desire to be a leader. I make my own path in the world.

• Padraigin

Fair enough, apology provided whilst acknowledging the maker of his own path; and my message reads, both cults of worship/warship are a fool’s paradise, designed to enslave, to entrap the unwary.

• ChristopherBlackwell

I have always considered hate fear and gluit to be the unholy trinity of religion. Hate is self destructive, fear is usually unwarented and guilt gets in the way of correcting yourself. But if you let someone else tell you what to hate, what to fear, and what to feel guilty over, they then control your life. One has to take control of their life back or not give it away inthe first place. If something that you have done makes you feel bad, that only means do something else.

• Padraigin

Spot on Christopher, fear and all its relations, hate, guilt, anxiety, frustration, etc, that useless creation of human incarnation, extinguished by Being, the wise, such as thee, retain their power, not to be squandered on some ivory tower. Keep up your good work and thank-you.

• ChristopherBlackwell

It starts with the fiction of the person you are supposed to become, based on what others tell you, rather than learning who you are with your weakness ad strengths and building a life that fits you and what you consider important. This gives you a lot of people who feel their life is a failure for never becoming what was not possible to be. You may remember the Greek saying “Know thyself.”

• Padraigin

Self you art, The Eagle is our True part upon this dusty plain, small self is the minimalistic construct that holds us apart from the heart, fear overwhelms from nether region realms, an illusion that Knowing ThySelf quickly removes. Do your work, a carpenter crafting a finely tuned instrument that’ll see you through these memorable moments.

• OH no this won’t do

How do you feel about propaganda? Universities shouldn’t push or feature any religion.

• Guest

How does this come under propaganda or pushing religion. Mind you this is not a class on Satanism.

This is something that ironically was a self created fear of the Church during the Renaissance.The first bad masses were done by Catholic priests. It was the Catholic Church that told everyone that Satanism had to be a reversal of the Catholic mass. To this day this myth is what most people believe in and that has inspired our horror movies and horror novels.

This is a bit of European religious history. No one is being forced to go to this nobody’s grade depends on seeing this and this was a student created event.

Now while the Cathoic Church may not care for this we do live i a country that protects everyoe’s religious freedom. Believe or don’t believe whatever you want, but neither you nor I has any right to stop anyone from belieiving or practicing what they want religious wise.

We have nearly every religion in the world being practiced in our country. If any religon can’t practice then all minority relgions are endangered. Non-Christian religions have their right to practiced based on the the First Ammendment of the Constitution of the United States and no one, not even Christians have any right to interfere with those rights.

Religious freedom was one of the things I fought to protect i n our country when I went to Vietnam as a Marine. I personally back the right of all the religions in this country and will speak anytime that is threatened.

• Joe Martin

Right on! Harvard is not pushing or featuring this event. It is put on by a student-run organization of students in the Extension School, which is Harvard’s night school classes for part-time students. Student clubs are not controlled or censored by the University. Neither are they promoted by the University. I am grateful that freedom of association & of speech are practiced by Harvard University. A Christian as a result of going to Harvard, I am thankful for the freedom that Christians there have to organize events without censorship. It would be hypocrisy to seek to deny the same freedom to others.

• ChristopherBlackwell

• OH no this won’t do

Do they offer Masses of every other religion? I didn’t think they did.

If they sponsor Masses for every religion then it would be my mistake. I didn’t think they did. Do they sponsor religious services for all religions?

I thought we were becoming more secular for a reason.

• ChristopherBlackwell

This is a student production the University did not set this up nor sponsor it. I woud imagine like many universities they have religious clubs that cover most of the standard religious. I think this bothers you only because it is a religion that you do not care for.

• OH no this won’t do

Wrong. I truly believe that Collages need to stay out of religion.

The Collage provided the space and security. That has a cost. If all religious clubs hold masses inside the campus then I don’t care. Equal opportunity for all.

• ChristopherBlackwell

You have to be aware of how far we have come. Originally Harvard was a divinity school, and quite religious.

• Joe Martin

How do you conclude that a University is pushing or featuring something that a student club presents? Harvard is not pushing or featuring this event. It is put on by a student-run organization of students in the Extension School, which is Harvard’s night school classes for part-time students. Student clubs are not controlled or censored by the University. Neither are they promoted by the University. I am grateful that freedom of association & of speech are practiced by Harvard University. A Christian as a result of going to Harvard, I am thankful for the freedom that Christians there have to organize events without censorship. It would be hypocrisy to seek to deny the same freedom to others.

• OH no this won’t do

Are they sponsoring Masses for other religions or just this one? If it is just this one then yes I see it as propaganda. If they sponsor Masses for every religion then it would be my mistake.

The article didn’t say they sponsor religious services for every other religion.

• Joe Martin

The point is that allowing a student organization to meet does not imply that Harvard is “sponsoring” or approving of what they do. Harvard gives them freedom to meet. You ask: “Are they sponsoring Masses for other religions or just this one?” My answer: they are not sponsoring anything – not “this one”, not “every religion”, NOT ANY AT ALL. Allowing a meeting to take place is called freedom, it is not called “sponsoring”. What students or their speakers may say in a particular meeting may well be “propaganda’. but it is not the University that is engaging in that propaganda. If a University permits students to organize & meet freely, that is freedom of speech. not propaganda by the University. If the University tries to forbid the meeting because of its content, that would be censorship.

• OH no this won’t do

If you provide the space free of charge you are sponsoring it. Did they rent the space and the security? The space and security has a cost.

Second is equal treatment for all religions. This is a religion and they want a Mass. Only fair that all other religions be given the space to have a Mass or religious service.

Your comment: “If the University tries to forbid the meeting because of its content, that would be censorship.”

Answer. If they have not permitted all other religions to have a Mass or religious service inside the campus then they have already made a rule to censor religion in the campus. It is a religion and they do want to hold a Mass.

The question is clear how many other religions hold Mass inside the campus, and are they allow to?

• Joe Martin

Sorry, all Paws for being so long in getting back to you. (I see you have changed your tag from OH no this won’t do since you replied to me,)

You say “Harvard sponsors the event unless the students pay for the space and security service.|

As a matter of fact, students have paid as part of their tuition for the use of rooms by student organizations. Outside organizations pay to use rooms. So the students involved will have paid just as all students do for the privilege of using rooms by student organizations.

You also say “If Harvard allows space for all religions to have a Mass or religious service, No problem.”

All the different student religious organizations are allowed to have the services according to their own traditions & forms, with talks, prayers, hymns, songs, as desired. (As far as Harvard is concerned, Protestant groups could have a Mass, but as a matter of fact they would not choose to do so.)

So, I guess from these two facts, you would agree that Harvard was not sponsoring the event.

In the end, of course, the student group chose to move it off-campus to a restaurant. President Faust questioned the wisdom & sensitivity of the student group in holding the event, but Harvard was consistent in neither sponsoring nor censoring the activity of a student club.

• all paws

Thanks for the information Martin.

• toth

The article specifically said they’re not sponsoring this one, so what are you talking about?

• OH no this won’t do

I already answered this. If they provide the space free of charge and security then they sponsored it. The space and security has a cost. It didn’t say the Temple was renting the space and the security.

Also the bigger question is do all religions have religious services inside the campus. If they didn’t they will now.

• toth

The article said nothing about Harvard providing security or providing space free of charge.

• OH no this won’t do

I receive a reply that Harvard may have provided for all other religions. That being the case this article really isn’t worth my discussion. I see nothing wrong now. Open opportunity for all religions seems to be their goal.

• neardeath22

Your church provides a place to warship free of charge… At taxpayers expenses. Something that deeply annoys me. I’m broke and god has enough money to pay his fucking bills. Including the taxes that we are all held accountable for. From what I understand they hold mass at Harvard. What is your problem? You don’t like that some people will never blindly follow a version of the truth that you were brainwashed with as a child and refused to grow out of. Are you aware that mother goose has fairy tales in it too.

• OH no this won’t do

Your comment: “Your church provides a place to warship free of charge… At taxpayers expenses.”

Boy you got it wrong. The Church is not owned by the University. Church and the land around it belongs to the Catholic Church. You can look that up. Our government doesn’t give Churches free land and buildings.

Your comment:”You don’t like that some people will never blindly follow a version of the truth that you were brainwashed with as a child and refused to grow out of. Are you aware that mother goose has fairy tales in it too”.

Off topic again. This is not about me and I’m not one of the 60,000 students that complained. Let’s give you a hint again. It is about 60,000 students that said no to trolling. If you can’t understand that I have nothing more to say to you.

• OH no this won’t do

We love the first amendment. Just don’t want Harvard pushing their religion on our kids. This is a religion.

• Joe Martin

Good. As a Christian I love the first amendment, too. Do you believe that every event put on by a student club should be regarded as an act of pushing that topic by the University? If you do, then Harvard pushes many different sorts of Christianity, Mormonism, Judaism, Islam, humanism, atheism, as well as diverse political views – which really does not make sense. If you do not believe that, then what is the point of your comment about “Harvard pushing their religion on their kids”? My guess is that you jumped to your conclusion without thinking it through.

• OH no this won’t do

Are you saying this college sponsors other Masses?
          Interesting, I didn’t know colleges sponsor all religious Masses.

Seriously, I thought Colleges were not allowed to sponsor any type of mass.

That must keep this place pretty busy if they do. I would prefer they didn’t sponsor any mass.

• Joe Martin

Forgive me if I was not clear. My point is that colleges do not sponsor, push, or promote any ideas that a student organization does in its meetings. They allow students to organize & meet with freedom. This does not imply their agreement with anything a student organization does. I meant to point out that there are many differents student organizations. The college does not sponsor any of them at all. It merely allows them to organize & hold meetings. Your town allows many churches, civic organizations, Masons & other fraternal groups to exist, own property, meet, & publicize their meetings. That does not mean that your town sponsors a single one of them, much less all of them! It does not imply approval of any of them. Am I being more clear?

• OH no this won’t do

Your comment: “That does not mean that your town sponsors a single one of them, much less all of them! It does not imply approval of any of them. Am I being more clear?”

You don’t understand me at all. Churches pay for the building and land. The space the students use belong to Harvard.

Therefore, Harvard sponsors the event unless the students pay for the space and security service.

Your comment: “They allow students to organize & meet with freedom. This does not imply their agreement with anything a student organization does. I meant to point out that there are many differents student organizations.”

This is not what I asked. Let me state this in a different way, If Harvard allows space for all religions to have a Mass or religious service, No problem.

If they don’t, I hope every religion raises the point of inequality. This is not a club but a religion. If other religions can’t hold services there than they should not proceed with this Mass.

• Casey Horn

I agree that our ancestors fled to America to flee religious persecution but I’m not going to protest on this matter too heavily. Call me ignorant but anyone who worships Satan seems to me that they are up to no good. I do find it ironic that such a ritual could appear in our movies/plays/Television series where they have mass attention from a global audience that is obsessed with drugs, sex and violence and the content gets less attention than a publicly held event which probably only now has the mass attention of thousands of readers nation wide. Tell the Catholic Church thank you for bringing this event mass attention.

• Jen

Oh, I’m sure they’re eager to bring attention to this. Anything to divert our attention away from that whole child raping thing.

• AtomicMetroid

Lets see…..
    Am I surprised that a jewish-run school is satanic in nature? lol

• Alyxander M Folmer

Ummm… I think you obviously know NOTHING of Judaism. Or Harvard for that matter, seeing as how it’s a predominantly CATHOLIC school… *facepalm*

• Hp B

Perhaps, but he did say “Jewish run” and you distorted the gist like some DNA reflex.
        These Satan sh*ts are no doubt majority “usual suspects” (aka) what else is new.
        The jig is up on you guys, thanks to the WWW!!

• BABH

Predominantly Catholic? In what sense? Harvard was founded by Puritans, it did not accept Catholic students for more than a century, and Catholics today are a minority of the students, faculty, and staff.

(Jews are of course an even smaller minority at Harvard, both historically and today — about 30-35% of students are Catholic, and about 10-15% are Jewish. Nor do Jews “run” Harvard — the President of the University is an Episcopalian.)

• Alyxander M Folmer

Really? I was under the impression that Catholics made up the majority of students these days. (They seem to make up most of the religious discussions surrounding the school from what I can find online)

• Kmeares

Is harvard Jewish run? No
      Was it founded by Jews? No it was founded as a Christian (Puratin specifically) seminary
      Do Jews have anything to do with Satanism? No
      Are you an idiot? Yes

• AtomicMetroid

Are you trying to tell me that Sara Silverman isn’t Satans daughter? Mention Jesus around her and watch her start projectile vomiting and head spinning. lol
        But yes, academia has a lot of jewish people in positions of power. Being a microscopic minority, it makes no sense.

• Kmeares

Which doesn’t make it Jewish run. Nor does it make any connection to Satanism sensible.

• Jacob Stephen Cook

Actually, Satan originated from Judaism. :)

• Dean Edward

You are right. ha Satan is an angel in Judaism. The name means the Adversary. He is not a pagan horned god like critians think. He is an angel that does whatever God commands him to do…nothing more or less.

• Defiant

Asinine. Just a bunch of rich Liberal kids screaming for attention.

• George Reichel

Well they got my attention.

• OH no this won’t do

Keep your pets indoors. They may become the next sacrifice.

• Joe Martin

In this case your comment shows your prejudice & ignorance on more than one count.

First, the student club concerned is one of students in the Extension School, which is Harvard’s night school classes for part-time students. They are not “rich”: they are hard-working people going to night school while holding down a day job. They are not “kids” either: they are people who missed out on going to college earlier in life who are taking advantage of an opportunity that Harvard has offered for well over a hundred years. Their choice of a meeting topic can be criticized, but it is sheer prejudice to accuse them of “screaming for attention”.

Second, even if the event were being put on by one of the ordinary Harvard College undergraduate organizations, they are not necessarily “rich”, since Harvard provides full scholarships for students from poorer families. the policy is called “need-blind admission” and means that student is admitted first on the basis of his record & ability in high school. Then the financial situation of the family is examined and financial aid (not a loan) is given on the basis of need, in many cases meaning full tuition, room, & board. Would you call that kind of Harvard student “rich”? Privileged, certainly, but not rich.

Third, as for “Liberal”, I do not know the political opinions of every Harvard student or Harvard grad. but I know for a fact that they are a very diverse group of people. It has long been said that no matter what the controversy may be, you will find a Harvard grad on both sides.

• Jacob Stephen Cook

Yes, like Benjamin Franklin, the ‘rich liberal kid,’ er, make that ‘founding father of the United States,’ who attended Hellfire Club meetings.

• BHall

Of greater concern than the Jesus folk or Satan ought to be the over-educated, under-intelligent hoards the Ivy League has unleashed on our culture over the last 50 years. Today’s culture is their creation, and as such are they not the true God(s)? “Where’s your God now?!” (lightning….thunder clap)

• Hp B

A bunch of Jews rubbing Christian’s faces in it.
    What else is new? Nothing to see here.

• Peter Waine

Who cares? what ever your religious persuasion is, it is all a load of b****** anyway.

• Laura Bowman

There is no need to be disrespectful of others’ beliefs.

• Dean Edward

look at his avatar. you really take a person like that seriously? I don’t.

• Buck Man

Guys, Satan actually belongs to us CHRISTIANS, which makes Satanism a pathetic Christian off shoot. GET YOUR OWN FRIGGIN RELIGIOUS NOMENCLATURE YOU BUMS! Stop using words like (anti) Christ, devil, church, mass, priests, etc. All that stuff belongs to us, the Christian community. You so called “satanists” are in fact just a bunch of sore ass Christian losers! Your hero Satan lost and he lost REAL friggin bad. He got his butt walloped so badly, god turned him into a stinkin snake for petes sake! Toss these guys into history’s sack of sore losers right along side those other pathetic lost causes : Nazism, Paganism, Communism, Nihilism, Atheism, etc, etc.

• neardeath22

Satan is a shapeshifting myth who made his debut to Eve as a snake. Let’s go ahead and make you look stupid on that count so we can get you some truth. Satanism was created to counter balance the oppressive teachings of that farce you call a religion. Don’t get yourself twisted. God doesn’t belong to you. Your god doesn’t even have the most followers on Twitter. As for those people being a bunch of soar ass Christian losers I would venture to assume that many Satanists converted from the Christian god that they were brainwashed with as soon as common sense kicked in as teenagers and young adults. I’d bet many don’t believe in any of this bullshit. They just wanna bring an end to Christianity and it’s long history of violence, oppression, and the protection of it’s now high profile pedefilic tendencies

• Michael Otten

Will there be either an animal or human sacrifice included? I am just back from Kathmandu, where at least we saw that the sacrificed goat meat was reused as food, and local dogs lapped up excess blood around the altar. It will be refreshing to have such exotica closer to home, although one might have some reservations about the risk of lightening strikes if the ritual is not handled properly….

• George Reichel

And then there’s “Bohemian Grove”

• AQuandary

Regarding this quote: “The Founders of Harvard would, I think, be ashamed that a school to which they gave the motto ‘Veritas: Christo et Ecclesiae’ would allow itself to be used in any way whatsoever as the staging for Satanic worship.” As a point of fact, the Founders of Harvard College saw no difference whatsoever between the practice of Catholicism and Satanic worship.

• David_Smith

Good post. The rest of you read ‘The Kingdom of the Occult’ by Dr. Walter Martin and you’ll have a good idea what the “problem” is.

What so many fail to appreciate is what happens when normative Christian morality is discarded for an anti-Christ statistical normality.

When you God’s moral law is discarded for an anti-Christ statistical “morality” what follows is rapid degeneracy.

In order to have a consistent and reasonable objective moral stance-a moral view in which you can substantiate a claim that this is right and that is wrong, this is good and that is evil-you need to have an objective moral basis. As C. S. Lewis argued so well, moral laws require a moral lawgiver.

Theocracy? No need. Just a secular government founded upon the moral lawgiver of the Bible… exactly what we had and are moving away from quickly as we trade in the moral lawgiver for our best thinking or a statistical normality.

The Canaanites rejected God’s morality and embraced demon worship. They sacrificed their children by roasting them on bronze altars to false pagan gods. Sodom and Gomorrah were in Canaan. The Canaanites practiced incest, homosexuality, zoophilia, pedophilia, and burned their children as sacrifices. It was a very sexually immoral and wicked ancient nation so horrendous that God instructed the Jews to codify a legal system designed to keep them apart from the debauchery.

Unfortunately, most Israelites eventually turned from the one true living creator God revealed to them and succumbed to the deception and debauchery of their wicked neighbors despite God and the prophets warning that if they did so they would lose their inheritance. The result was that the Canaanite nations of Assyria and Babylonia took them into slavery and the Israelites lost their inheritance.

The U.S. is presently following in their footsteps.

• Dean Edward

the moral law of the Creator has nothing to do with the cristian cult. they worship a man, and are thus categorical idolaters. same as those that worship the angel satan.

• Henry Kelly

Christians believe Jesus is God and man.

• Dean Edward

Their own bible says that God is not a man. The idea was totally forbidden in the Torah based religion of which Jesus was 100% observant. He never taught the idea. It was considered idolatry to religious Jews. Cristianity’s belief is based on later additions to the religion long after it’s founder had died. Making their man-saviour into a god was common in the centuries immediately before and after the creation of cristianity.

• Henry Kelly

The Gospels were written by Jesus’ disciples in his physical lifetime. Do you think all of them except John, who died naturally, would undergo martyrdom for something they knew was made up?

• Dean Edward

You had better do your own research. The “gospels” were written by a common author and the name given them had nothing to do with his disciples.(research Q document) This ignorance of your own religious writings should embarrass you. Every cristian needs to research the history of their bible and see how pathetic it’s compilation really was. It is full of contradictions and mistakes. Or you can just ignore reality and follow a fairy tale… your choice.

• Henry Kelly

The Q document is a hypothetical source proposed as an explanation for similarities in the gospels but only of Matthew and Luke. Some scholars think the writers of the gospels are not known and the names were later added. So what.

Would you die for a lie if you didn’t have to?

• Dean Edward

You are pre-supposing that these men believed the same things about their teacher that you do. There is no evidence that any of his followers that saw him before his death ever held him to be Divine. That was not established as a cristian tenant of faith until the Nicean Council some 400 years later. As observant Jews, the 12 would have believed him to be a very holy, yet quite human Jewish messiah. This kind of messianic claim has been responsible for numerous cults rising up in the Jewish world and claiming that they follow the true messiah. The willingness to do die for this messianic belief does not prove that any of his original followers held him to be a man-god. Only that they were dedicated to their messianic beliefs… which are completely different in Jewish thought than in cristian thought.

• Henry Kelly

There sure was a big difference in Christ’s followers before and after His death….and resurrection and His gift of the Holy Spirit. It’s plain to see in the gospels and Acts of the Apostles. The same people who deserted Christ when he was arrested and hid out for fear of being identified became fearless preachers and willingly even joyfully went to their death with the belief in eternal life Jesus had promised to those who believe in Him. Who but God could make a promise like that?
            “And I will raise you on the last day”, He said.
            Never mind that description of Jesus as a nice wise teacher,
            He was either the biggest nut the world has ever heard of or
            He was the Son of God and Son of Man, the second person of Most Holy Trinity; The Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the three persons of God.
            Of course

• Kmeares

These guys aren’t Satanists their a political group using the name to shock people. Based on what? Well one the fact they don’t (according to their own web site) worship Satan. THey aren’t even part of the Church of Satan started by Anton LaVey so they aren’t that kind of Satanist either (read their principles and then read LaVey’s the two pretty much contradict each other). Does this mean they shouldn’t be allowed to make fools of themselves? Why not? It didn’t stop them from turning the mom of that WBC wacko “gay” somehow even though she was dead at the time.

• OH no this won’t do

Interesting Harvard pushing religion.

I thought this was a religion. Hope they make it optional. Sounds creepy.

Wasn’t it at Wewelsburg Castle Heinrich Luitpold Himmler conducted numerous secret black magic rituals in a small room he named the “realm of the dead” in an attempt to communicate necromantically with the long deceased ancestors of the German people?

I wonder if they will be discussing this. Probably not

• 54blueroses

There you go again, saying something indirectly. Speaking of communicating with the dead….my oh my. That is not an evil practice you want to tamper with, or even hint to “discuss it”.

• OH no this won’t do

You are crazy. “Wewelsburg Castle Heinrich Luitpold Himmler ” This is history and you can find it in the Internet or read a Himmler biography. Do you even know who Himmler is? Hint study WW2.

• 54blueroses

This is satan we are talking about, its not a mythical character you can walk away from when you’re done playing “pretend”.You are playing with fire, and all involved are going to get burned. It’s not too late to back out and take a stand against this damned reenactment. The Bible says that the devil only comes to kill, steal, and to destroy. Don’t do it! Do not be a part of this, this isn’t a game- this is your soul on the line. This is just another indication of the end times. Jesus is coming, he’s heading this way. He loves all of us, receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior today- I didn’t believe, but when I invited Jesus into my heart, he revealed himself to me and he will do the same for you. My only regret is that I didn’t accept him sooner. God bless the one who just read this.

• updated.robot

Blueroses:) I totally agree with you, some people just bought one way tickets to hell

• candice

true

• Dean Edward

such a shame that emotional appeals do not guarantee rational results. you were indoctrinated into a saviour cult…. the most successful of many. worshipping any creature is idolatry, whether it is a man or an angel. both are wrong.

• OH no this won’t do

Dean maybe you should keep your kids away from this place. Considering how many religions there are around the world your kid is going to get bombarded in Harvard.

Everyone can use this case now to have religious services inside Harvard. Maybe this is already going on.

• 54blueroses

Mr.Edward how do you know it’s a cult? Have you ever prayed to Jesus – or simply spoken to Him out loud? My guess is No. So then how are you so sure Jesus isn’t real? Isn’t it a little ignorant to deny something before even trying it? Edward, I don’t get paid to advertise Jesus. All I’m doing is sharing what he’s done for me in my life, and what I’ve seen Him do in others. I’m a sane person, just an average Joe..I hope that others come to God, because if you just take a leap of faith, you will be amazed at what Jesus has in stores for you.

• candice

he is as real as the day light

• Dean Edward

so is santa claus…. to a child. Grow up.

• 54blueroses

Why do you hate God so much Dean?

• Dean Edward

It’s a wake up call for those who have ears to hear. I love The Eternal One. I prove that love by remaining faithful to His Instruction. The idolatry that cristianity teaches is not the true worship of The Creator. G-D is not a man. Look that one up in your concordance. Then try to think it through.

• Dean Edward

You are parroting what your religious book and preachers have taught you. I spent 20 years as a “born-again, spirit-filled” cristian missionary, so your assumption about me was 100% wrong. I know what it is to have been indoctrinated into this cult at an impressionable age. I also know the lingo and the life…. so many valid questions, and always the same answer – it has to be accepted by faith alone. That is the mark of a cult. Blind faith. True spirituality is a constant search for true and valid rational answers to important questions. Start searching the origins of your religion and the book that dictates it’s doctrines. If you do an honest and complete search you will find what I did…. it is a sham. it is a bastardized religion that stole from Judaism and paganism to form a Roman state mandated religion to control the masses. Get the Truth, and dump the counterfeit that you have been duped into believing is true.

• 54blueroses

I find it hard to believe that you walked away from a life that was “spirit filled”. Once you have an intimate relationship with Jesus and you’ve seen him work in your life and the hope, love, and peace He brings to your inner being in the midst of chaos- how could someone walk away from Jesus after having a friend, a Savior, and Lord in life? However, Jesus did forewarn us in Matthew 24 that many will be deceived during the end times, and persecution against Christians will be so bad that many in the faith will deny Christ and walk away from Him. It’s not easy to be a Christian in a world that goes against everything it stands for. Jesus never said it would be easy, but he did say it would be worth it. The scriptures also say eternity is worse for the those who knew God and knew what the bible said but still chose to walk away from it.

• Dean Edward

The person you worship as a god was a Torah observant Jew. If you take the time to look into only what he said and did, you would be amazed at how much he contradicted modern fundamentalist cristian doctrine. An honest,complete and critical look at the roots of your religion will lead you to Truth. What fundamentalist cristianity has given you is a faith with a faulty foundation. I hope you will be honest enough before your Creator to test everything. Ignorance will be no excuse for our generation… we have all the info we need at our fingertips to look deeply into these matters.

• Jacob Stephen Cook

Yes, this is Satan we’re talking about, who is indeed a mythical character I can and do walk away from when I’m done playing ‘pretend,’ because I don’t have a prescientific mindset deluded by paranoid imaginations of a demon-haunted world. Satan is as real as Count Dracula.

• OH no this won’t do

I don’t think he is real and I don’t believe in spirits or demons. The real question was did Harvard allow all religions to have religious services inside their campus. This should be a civil liberties question. The Satanic Temple is listed as a church. The IRS sees them as a church.

If Harvard allows religious services from all religions who cares, it is just another religion pandering. If they didn’t, they just opened the door for every religious group to have religious service inside the campus.

This should keep the place pretty busy considering how many religions there are around the world.

• candice

my oh my may god bless your soul and forgive you.

• OH no this won’t do

Candice if you knew your religion you would not say: ” forgive you”.

You should know it is not your place to judge. Seriously, you are just fueling the hate.

Our country is based on civil liberties for all.

Now the important news was that 60,000 students thought this reenactment was offensive and not all were Christian. That is the civil liberties process I’m proud of.

• neardeath22

They were offended by it because they all believe in god in one way or another. Yes, Allah is a god too. The only civil liberties processes apparent in this conversation took place in the part of Harvard university and the kids putting the whole thing together.

• OH no this won’t do

Actually not all but they didn’t want the other students to be trolled. Yes there are International students from Japan, China, Middle-east and India.

No doubt an agnostic wouldn’t want this in the University as well.

• 54blueroses

Little Mole I see right through you. You are here for the satanic temple.

• OH no this won’t do

Your comment: ” Little Mole I see right through you. You are here for the satanic temple.”

You are nuts. I wouldn’t go anywhere near the goat head. That doesn’t mean I’m not smart enough to look them up. It is called research try it sometime.

• 54blueroses

Little mole please don’t be so naive. God almighty is the God of the Christians, Allah the Muslims, Buddha the Buddhist, etc. As Satan -the devil- is the god of the Satanists! Satanists deny worshiping satan- they say they believe in reaching their best inner selves, a “self-actualization” if you will. That is the same technique the devil used to deceive Adam and Eve in the very beginning. After God gave them one order (eat of every tree, except for that one- Or you will surely die) here came Satan -the sneaky, cunning and lying little snake- he slithered right up to Eve and asked her, “did God really tell you that you couldn’t eat of any tree?” ( notice his quoting of God’s word was wrong, because the devil is a liar and a deceiver and he is always trying to confuse us and get us to question the word of God). The devil proceeded to tell Eve that she wouldn’t die if she ate of That tree and on the contrary, she would be wise and know everything, just like God. The devil wants us to be our own god’d and “do as thou wilt”. Even till this present day he goes around in the spiritual realm and whispers into our ears “there is no God, believe in your self, you are the author of your own life and destiny”. In other words, you are your own god.

• OH no this won’t do

You really don’t understand the article and what was really in question. Time to learn about the first amendment. Then find out how exactly it was handled. Per the Dean of Harvard:

“Faust ultimately decided that the university would not prevent the group from hosting the Black Mass. She argued that “… the most powerful response to offensive speech is not censorship, but reasoned discourse and robust dissent.” That, of course, is not the strategy the Catholic Church has always employed in the face of academic inquiry with which they disagreed.

Though Faust decided the Black Mass fell within the bounds of free expression, she did emphasize that she thought of the decision to host the ceremony. She called it “abhorrent” and “flagrantly disrespectful,” and noted that she would attend the Eucharistic Holy Hour and Benediction at St. Paul’s Church planned to coincide with the Mass.”

Now why is that important? What happened later? How did the students handle it?

This is what is important and the real lesson which you completely failed to understand.

• 54blueroses

You’re looking at it in a physical realm, a here and now political point of view. I’m looking at this through the spitual realm; the repercussions a satanic black mass would’ve reaped on the souls of the students who would’ve attended this satanic practice. I’m looking at it through an eternal perspective. Maybe that is why you don’t understand my stance.

• OH no this won’t do

Okay. I understand.

I can assure you that i wouldn’t be interested in a Black Mass.

I can also say that if someone tried to force me to see a one, I would leave even if it was a business meeting.

I was looking at it in terms of the first amendment. I’m glad the students defeated it. For more reasons than just this issue. I don’t want our kids to go to College and troll people’s race, religion or gender. If this would have passed, it would have been open season for everyone.

I see you care deeply and that is a wonderful trait to have.

Your comment: ” I’m looking at it through an eternal perspective.”

I can understand your perspective and fears and I can honor them. I can also honor the wishes of Buddhist and Muslims thanks to my friends.

I just thought that if Harvard was going to stop this they needed students to push it as a civil issue to be heard and to get all the signatures needed.

• tim

oh brother …. people like you cannot be reasoned with and should be ejected at once from all civilized lands.

• 54blueroses

Hitler-like mentality.

• 54blueroses

I say you are for their Satanic Temple because here you are defending their stance to allow them to host a dark satanic mass on the campus. Anyou’re trying to play the devil’s advocate by flip flopping between the two…

• OH no this won’t do

Don’t don’t have a clue and you don’t know what you are talking about. Read the first amendment that is what was in question. If you can’t understand read the comments made by the Dean and Wall Street. Get a life and stop seeing conspiracies everywhere.

• 54blueroses

Conspiracies? Lol. You say you don’t believe in spirits and the demons- yet you stated you wouldn’t dare walk near the baphomet statue? Why not? Then you’re bringing up himmler and his black magic rituals with communicating with the dead and ambiguously bring it up and ask if they will discuss this at the black mass. All I’m saying is, I see you.

• 54blueroses

P.S. I called you little mole because that’s what your avatar was, and you didn’t have an actual name to address you by.

• all paws

Thank you.

• 54blueroses

You’re welcome :-) I didn’t want you to think I was name-calling. I saw you changed your avatar picture, the little mole is gone..

• all paws

I like the kitten on the keyboard better. I’m pretty sure a kitten can type better and faster than me.

• No Way

actually it is a mythical character.

• 54blueroses

I suppose we will find out when we die, right

• No Way

Nope, better find out everything now. No finding out anything when you’re dead.

• 54blueroses

How can you say “find out now” if you’ve already chosen to believe it isn’t real? Makes no sense. That’s why I say, if you don’t believe that there is a devil, then I suppose you have no fear of hell, therefore you must live a life that has no fear of God. Sadly, that’s why I say, I guess you will find out when you die that the devil is indeed real. The bible says your last breath on earth is your first breath in heaven- that’s how fast your soul reaches its new eternal destination, its a blink of an eye.

• candice

that is so true

• neardeath22

Satan is a myth. Fire burns. You would do well to learn the difference. In many people’s eyes god is the myth. I don’t know where you people get off acting like your god is the only option with no regard to the real world religion. The Muslims are eating your religion alive because theirs is unwavering. Your whole religion is based on oppression in the name of God the same as theirs is. Only they would punish those pedefiles the church works so hard to protect.

• 54blueroses

• tim

as yoda would say “poor ignorant soul you are”
      leave the preaching at church lady

• OH no this won’t do

Question for the writer of this article or anyone who knows for sure. Did Harvard allow all other religions space inside the campus to have a Mass or Religious service?

If all religions are allowed to have religious services inside the campus then fair and equal treatment.

If they don’t allow for religious services inside the campus then they have censored everyone else but this religion.

That would be very disturbing.

• Egan Budd

Harvard has a protestant church with weekly services in it on campus.

• OH no this won’t do

Thanks Egan. Maybe they have services for Buddhist, Confucianism, Islam, Hinduism and every other religion and this issue should have never been raised.

Thanks again for the information. I will just think this article is nonsense.

• Henry Kelly

antedeluvian Harvard

• Dean Edward

Is worshipping a round wafer somehow superior to worshipping a goat head? Let’s call it a tie…. they are both stupid.

• kieraeastedi321

what
    Alice replied I am stunned that some one can make $9732 in 4 weeks on the
    computer . More Info F­i­s­c­a­l­p­o­s­t­.­C­O­M­

• Dean Edward

Wrong. HaSatan(Hebrew=accuser) is an angel spoken of at length in the cosmology of Judaism. Rather than a dualistic horned demon god, which cristians made him by virtue of pagan influences, he is a holy angel that serves much like a prosecuting attorney before God in the Heavenly Court.(see the book of Job in the OT) He does what God commands him and nothing more. Satanism, in truth, is not a worship of the cristian devil… but the idolatrous act of self worship. Check for yourself….. Satanists are self-worshippers.

• Buck Man

“He does what God commands him and nothing more. Satanism, in truth, is not a worship of the cristian devil”

Like I said, get your own religious iconography and nomenclature!!! Stop ripping off Christians you pathetic satanic jackasses!!!

• Dean Edward

cristianity ripped of Judaism and paganism. but nice try.

• tim

Everyone thinks their god is the best god, their kids the best kids, their dog the smartest dog ….. there is no live and let live in America. Only “you shall live as I say so”