Venetian Dream: SRV’s Interior Design
The region’s finest restaurants have plenty to teach us about interior design. Here, we take a closer look at SRV, an Italian bacaro in the South End helmed by cochefs Michael Lombardi and Kevin O’Donnell.
1. Enormous glass doors open to the enclosed courtyard, where diners can enjoy delights under the stars.
2. Luminous cut-crystal pendants hung at various heights create a festival vibe.
3. Details, such as these knotted rope dividers, communicate a handcrafted approach.
4. Painting the ceiling and joists a creamy ivory emphasizes the structure’s regular rhythm.
5. An understated chair that’s both durable and comfortable? These modern numbers fit the bill.
6. A high-backed tufted banquette in rosy red becomes an important focal point in an otherwise busy space.
7. Sturdy cast iron pedestal tables add a hint of Venetian opulence.