A Nantucket Boutique Hotel Inspires a Joss & Main Sale
Plus: a local's eight tips for the island's best haunts.
76 Main, theÂ adorable boutique hotel in Nantucket, is the inspiration forÂ Joss & Main’s upcoming sale of home dĂ©cor and accessories, which is not surprising, since the hotel’sÂ nautical aesthetic hits the mark in all the right ways. 76 Main receivedÂ a facelift in July 2013 from Boston-based interior designer Rachel Reider, who also worked on the design of some of the other Lark Hotels. Dawn Hagin, the hotel’s Chief Inspiration Officer, says that Reider â… understands and always keeps in mind our Lark Hotels motto of embracing âsense of placeâ with imagination and a touch of mischief. And, in our opinion, Rachel is a leader in defining new coastal design.”
As youâll see in the photos below, the hotel’s new dĂ©cor is fresh and bright with saturated colors that play on aÂ nautical theme without being stuffy. Using the 76 Main photos, Joss & Mainâs buyers found items in their extensive catalogs that are similar in terms of color, style, and pattern.Â The goal is for members to be able to shop the sale and create a similar nautical look at home.
Check out the galleries below for photos of the 76 Main hotel andÂ a preview of Joss & Main sale items, which will be available for members-only shopping from June 15-22. And as you plan your next visitÂ to Nantucket, keep in mindÂ this hit list of pro tips fromÂ Hagin:
1. For a pre-dinner cocktails, visit Dune Restaurant where martinis are made with Lucky Dog Vodka, the brainchild of Nantucket local Greg Nichols.
2. For an âall over the oceanâ sunset, board the bus to Madaket for the afternoon. While there, see the real neighborhood of Mister Rodgers at his summer cottage âThe Crooked House.â
3. For a decadent dinner, visit Cru Oyster Bar, an expansive waterside glamour scene where the glitterati gather for the extensive raw bar and elite wine list.
4. For a more casual dinner, Black-Eyed Susanâs is an island institution that’s intimate and unpretentious with foodÂ that’s truly inspired and gloriously fresh.
5. If youâre looking for a hidden gem, rent a jeep and drive to the end of Coatue. The view of the island from this angle is glorious.
6. When youâre feeling cultured, nothing is more emotionally rousing than the Shipwreck and Lifesaving Museum. Exhibits chronicle the heroism of stalwart islanders who routinely braved all odds to rescue shipwrecked sailors.
7. For the perfect stroll, pick up a bag of âto goâ mussels, steamers or little necks from Sayle’s Seafood. Then, mosey over to the beach beside Brant Point Lighthouse and nosh as you watch the ferries glide into the harbor.
8. For the best beach, visit Nobadeer beach, it is one of the only beaches you can drive on. Remember to stop and let some of the air out of your tires and put your car in four-wheel drive.
76 Main Inspiration
The Joss & Main Sale Preview
Source URL: http://www.bostonmagazine.com/property/blog/2014/06/13/joss-main-sale-inspired-nantucket-boutique-hotel/