Café ArtScience’s Todd Maul Builds a Cocktail
It’s called ‘The Apple of My Eye.’
1. Orange peel, apple drinking vinegar, and apple cider are flash-infused in a charged whipped cream canister.
2. After it steeps for 30 minutes, Todd Maul pours the elixir into carefully weighed centrifuge cartridges.
3. A centrifuge spins the liquid at 10,000 revolutions per minute, separating out the solids.
4. Using a handheld sieve, Maul filters out the clarified cider mixture.
5. Maul ignites cinnamon and orange peel and traps the residual smoke in a rocks glass.
6. He adds Willett rye, orange bitters, and Soberano Spanish brandy.
7. Nutmeg is grated over a negative-40-degrees- Fahrenheit ice cube.
8. The “Apple of My Eye” cocktail is garnished with orange peel and marigold.
Check out all of our Best New Restaurants 2015 coverage.