AKA Bistro Reopens in Lincoln
Uni alum Chris Chung assumes full control over a new streamlined menu.
Due to flooding and damages that occurred during a massive storm last December, AKA Bistro in Lincoln was forced to shutter its doors. Today, the sashimi bar-cum-French bistro announced that they’ll be reopening on Monday, May 5, with a fully updated dining room, a reconfigured open kitchen, and a re-conceptualized menu.
Chef and co-owner Chris Chung will take over 100-percent of the cooking responsibilities, formerly split between him and fellow Clio alum Christian Touche. The new menu will attempt to more fully integrate its focus on both French and Japanese cuisine. Touche remains on as a partner and general manager.
The new menu places a greater emphasis on hot Japanese fare and creative bistro food. Samples items include:
- Jar of steamed clams with basil, lemongrass, Thai chile, and lime
- Crispy lobster rolls with a citrus dijon dipping sauce
- Salmon confit salad with quail eggs and sesame vinaigrette
- Short rib pretzel sandwich with horseradish aioli
- BiBimBap: mixed rice salad with veggies, poached egg, and a choice of ground beef or shrimp
- Goat cheese and grilled asparagus on baguette
- Cassolette d’escargots aux lardons with pea-garlic emulsion
- Crispy pork belly with Thai curry, rice vermicelli, jicama, and pea tendrils
- Slow-poached cod in a saffron fumet with papillotte of spring potatoes and onions
AKA Bistro is open for lunch every weekday from 11 a.m-2 p.m. They’re open for dinner Monday through Thursday from 5-9:30 p.m. and Fridays and Saturdays 5-10 p.m. Brunch is served on Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
145 Lincoln Rd., Lincoln; 781-259-9920 or akabistrolincoln.com.