Kristen Kish and Tiffani Faison to Appear on Top Chef Duels
The newest Top Chef spinoff will bring back two of Boston’s most popular ‘cheftestants.’
On August 6, Bravo will once again turn to its most successful reality franchise when it debuts Top Chef Duels. The newest iteration of the Emmy Award-winning show pits eighteen of Top Chef‘s most talked-about contestants from prior seasons against one another in a series of head-to-head battles.
Two high-profile Boston chefs will be returning to the spotlight when Top Chef Seattle winner Kristen Kish faces off against Top Chef Chicago winner Stephanie Izard in Episode 108. Also, Sweet Cheeks Q’s Tiffani Faison will appear in her third Top Chef offshoot when she matches up against Dale Talde of Top Chef Chicago and Talde in Brooklyn.
In each episode, two chefs will face-off in three rounds testing their skill, creativity, and speed. The third and final challenge of each episode will decide who moves on to compete in the finale. In the end, 10 chefs will battle each other for a chance at a $100,000 grand prize and a culinary adventure that will be featured in Food and Wine Magazine.
Like Top Chef All-Stars, Top Chef: Masters, Top Chef: Just Desserts, and even Life After Top Chef before it, Bravo’s newest culinary competition will feature plenty of familiar faces. Aussie celebrity chef Curtis Stone will serve as both host and judge on the program, with Gail Simmons, Wolfgang Puck, and Hugh Acheson rounding out the judging panel.
Guest judges will include Shailene Woodley, Pink, Rob Zombie, and the cast of Brooklyn Nine Nine. Other celebrity chefs to appear throughout the series will include Daniel Boulud, Michelle Bernstein, Andrew Zimmern.
THE DUELING PAIRS INCLUDE:
- Episode 101: Richard Blais (Top Chef Chicago runner- up and Top Chef All-Stars winner) vs. Marcel Vigneron (Top Chef Season 2 runner up)
- Episode 102: Shirley Chung (Top Chef New Orleans finalist) vs. Brooke Williamson (Top Chef Seattle runner up)
- Episode 103: Mike Isabella (Top Chef All-Stars runner up) vs. Antonia Lofaso (Top Chef Chicago finalist)
- Episode 104: CJ Jacobson (Top Chef Miami contestant) vs. Stefan Richter (Top Chef Season 5 runner up)
- Episode 105: David Burke (Top Chef Masters Season 5) vs. Takashi Yagihashi (Top Chef Masters Season 4)
- Episode 106: Tiffani Faison (Top Chef Season 1 runner up) vs. Dale Talde (Top Chef Chicago and Top Chef All-Star contestant)
- Episode 107: Nyesha Arrington (Top Chef Texas contestant) vs. Jen Carroll (Top Chef Las Vegas finalist)
- Episode 108: Stephanie Izard (Top Chef Chicago winner) vs. Kristen Kish (Top Chef Seattle winner)
- Episode 109: Kevin Gillespie (Top Chef Las Vegas fan favorite) vs. Art Smith (Top Chef Masters Season 1)
- Episode 110: Championship Finale