Read Neil Gaiman’s Latest Work on a Chipotle Cup
The former Cambridge author headline’s the second installment of Chipotle’s ‘Cultivating Thought’ series.
Starting today, Chipotle launches the second installment of its “Cultivating Thought” author series featuring original essays, written by influential writers, authors, scientists, and entertainers. Each contributor’s essay is featured on an individually illustrated cup or bag, a considerate distraction to pass the time while presumably downing a burrito. Initially created by writer Jonathan Safran Foer (Eating Animals), the series has already included works from such luminaries as Toni Morrison, Bill Hader, Judd Apatow, and Sarah Silverman.
Headlining 2015’s first batch of literary cups and bags, is former Cambridge-based writer and graphic novelist Neil Gaiman (Coraline, American Gods), as well comedian Aziz Ansari, memoirist Augusten Burroughts, and author Jeffrey Eugenides. According to Chipotle, the series aims to create a “moment of analog pause in a digital world and offer customers the chance to engage with the unique perspectives.” See below for the full list of contributors.
- Amy Tan – (The Joy Luck Club, Sagwa, The Bonesetter’s Daughter)
- Augusten Burroughs – (Running With Scissors, Dry, Magical Thinking)
- Aziz Ansari – (Parks and Recreation, Date and Switch)
- Barbara Kingslover – (The Poisonwood Bible, Flight Behavior)
- Carlos Ruiz Zafon – (The Angel’s Game, The Prisoner of Heaven)
- Jeffrey Eugenides – (Middlesex, The Marriage Plot, The Virgin Suicides)
- Julia Alvarez – (In the Time of the Butterflies, Finding Miracles)
- Neil Gaiman – (The Sandman, American Gods)
- Paulo Coelho – (Veronika Decides to Die, The Alchemist, Eleven Minutes)
- Walter Issacson – (Steve Jobs)