Kiss and Tell
1. EOS Smooth Sphere Balm
Supple, soft lips start with plenty of moisture. Boston makeup artist Dani Wagener recommends a lightweight balm.
$3.29, Evolution of Smooth.
2. Chantecaille Lip Chic
For a timeless look, Boston makeup artist Tavi de la Rosa reaches for this lip color in “Tea Rose,” “Heirloom,” or “Camellia.”
$35 each, Bloomingdale’s.
3. The Balm “Plump Your Pucker” Gloss
Just a dollop increases circulation to your lips and gives you a full, shiny pout, says Rouge Cosmetics’ Ann Supple Massey.
$15, Rouge Cosmetics.
4. Peter Roth Un-Wrinkle Lip Treatment
Use a primer to fill in lines and creases. The peptides in this one, Massey notes, will also pump up your pucker.
$30, Rouge Cosmetics.
5. The Lip Scrub by Sarah Happ
Regular exfoliation sloughs off dead skin, creating a polished canvas for lip color, Massey says.
$24, Rouge Cosmetics.
6. Becca Beach Tint
Brides who prefer the natural look should opt for a tinted stain. Wagener suggests wearing this one with a gloss for extra sheen.
$25 each, Sephora.
7. Shiseido Makeup Corrector Pencil
Color outside the lines? It’s easy to fix mistakes (and give lips extra oomph) with this lifesaving product from Shiseido, De la Rosa says.
$18, Lord & Taylor.
8. Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil
Wagener uses the side of this creamy pencil to shape and fill in lips ever so slightly, then swipes on a tinted balm or a sheer lipstick.
What’s a flawless pucker without a megawatt grin? Make sure your pearly whites stay that way with these tips from Mark Mizner, of Commonwealth Dental Group.
• Bid adieu to smoking and limit other stain producers—red wine, blueberries, coffee.
• Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings.
• Start over-the-counter treatments like whitening strips six to eight weeks before the wedding.
• For a more-intense whitewashing, have custom trays molded to your teeth. The seamless fit keeps the bleach gel in and saliva out.
• Particularly stubborn stains might require in-office light treatments, during which your dentist will apply bleach directly to your teeth and use light to activate its brightening effects.