Kiss and Tell
Keep your lips hydrated and picture-perfect from the first kiss to the last dance with these pretty (and practical) products, chosen by local makeup pros. —Stacey Marcus
1. EOS Smooth Sphere Balm
Supple, soft lips start with plenty of moisture. Boston makeup artist Dani Wagener recommends a lightweight balm.
$3.29, Evolution of Smooth.
2. Chantecaille Lip Chic
For a timeless look, Boston makeup artist Tavi de la Rosa reaches for this lip color in “Tea Rose,” “Heirloom,” or “Camellia.”
$35 each, Bloomingdale’s.
3. The Balm “Plump Your Pucker” Gloss
Just a dollop increases circulation to your lips and gives you a full, shiny pout, says Rouge Cosmetics’ Ann Supple Massey.
$15, Rouge Cosmetics.
4. Peter Roth Un-Wrinkle Lip Treatment
Use a primer to fill in lines and creases. The peptides in this one, Massey notes, will also pump up your pucker.
$30, Rouge Cosmetics.
5. The Lip Scrub by Sarah Happ
Regular exfoliation sloughs off dead skin, creating a polished canvas for lip color, Massey says.
$24, Rouge Cosmetics.
6. Becca Beach Tint
Brides who prefer the natural look should opt for a tinted stain. Wagener suggests wearing this one with a gloss for extra sheen.
$25 each, Sephora.
7. Shiseido Makeup Corrector Pencil
Color outside the lines? It’s easy to fix mistakes (and give lips extra oomph) with this lifesaving product from Shiseido, De la Rosa says.
$18, Lord & Taylor.
8. Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil
Wagener uses the side of this creamy pencil to shape and fill in lips ever so slightly, then swipes on a tinted balm or a sheer lipstick.
What’s a flawless pucker without a megawatt grin? Make sure your pearly whites stay that way with these tips from Mark Mizner, of Commonwealth Dental Group.
• Bid adieu to smoking and limit other stain producers—red wine, blueberries, coffee.
• Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings.
• Start over-the-counter treatments like whitening strips six to eight weeks before the wedding.
• For a more-intense whitewashing, have custom trays molded to your teeth. The seamless fit keeps the bleach gel in and saliva out.
• Particularly stubborn stains might require in-office light treatments, during which your dentist will apply bleach directly to your teeth and use light to activate its brightening effects.