Five stylish ways to keep your home comfy this month.
1. Who needs air conditioning when you have Casablanca's deco-style Moderne table fan, pictured? $266, by special order at Wolfers Lighting, Allston.
2. Life can be a beach—or at least smell like it—with the Good Home Co.’s Beach Days vacuum beads, $13, and sheet and clothing spray. $17, Beach Grass, Kennebunkport, Maine.
3. The Winesceptre, invented by Boston’s own Todd English, is a cube-free way to chill chablis. Freeze, place in a bottle and enjoy. $119.90, www.hsn.com
4. The Fun in the Sun fabric collection by Sina Pearson is weather-resistant, so your beach chairs look good, rain or shine. Available through your designer at www.sinapearson.com.
5. Reach your freezing point with this cool-as-a-cucumber cocktail from Boston’s 28 Degrees, a restaurant named after the ideal temperature for serving a martini:
2 oz. Hendrick‘s Gin
1 oz. triple sec
1 1/2 oz. fresh pureed honeydew melon
1/2 oz. fresh pureed cucumber
Cucumber disc for garnish
Add all ingredients to cocktail shaker. Shake and strain into martini glass. Garnish with cucumber.