Three Massachusetts Designers Join Project Runway Season 15 Cast
Fans in Boston were pretty bummed when local designer Kelly Dempsey fell just short of winning Project Runway season 14. Even co-host Tim Gunn thought the Bay State native should’ve taken home the crown last year.
Fortunately, Massachusetts will have another shot at winning the series as three area designers have joined the cast of the long-running reality show’s upcoming 15th season. Boston resident Cornelius Ortiz will join Cambridge’s Erin Robertson and Framingham’s Nathalia JMag in representing their home state on Project Runway.
The trio took to their social media accounts to express their excitement over joining the series for the new season.
Alright insta fam I can finally share the reason why I’ve been an MIA shady bitch the past two months; I’m part of the cast of @projectrunway #season15 !!!! Couldn’t tell y’all then but I can share now and I am so excited for it !!! Tell your friends tell your mom and watch me on the show when it airs September 15th !!! #projectrunwayseason15 #projectrunwaycast #designernathalia #pr #fashion #fashiondesigner
A photo posted by Erin Robertson (@an_erin) on
Check out the full list of contestants below.
- Alex Snyder, 30, San Francisco, California
- Brik Allen, 26, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Cornelius Ortiz, 24, Boston; Hometown: Worcester
- Dexter Simmons, 32, Oakland, California
- Erin Robertson, 29, Cambridge; Hometown: Provo, Utah
- Ian Hargrove, 30, Chicago, Illinois
- Jenni Ricetti, 22, San Francisco, California
- Kimber Richardson, 42, New York City; Hometown: Houston, Texas
- Tasha Henderson, 33, Shreveport, Louisiana
- Laurence Basse, 41, Los Angeles, California; Hometown: Paris, France
- Linda Marcus, 55, Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Hometown: LaCanada Flintridge, California
- Nathalia JMag, 23, Framingham
- Rik Villa, 31, Los Angeles, California
- Roberi Parra, 32, Miami, Florida; Hometown: Caracas, Venezuela
- Sarah Donofrio, 34, Portland, Oregon; Hometown: Toronto, Canada
- Mah-Jing Wong, 28, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
In addition to the group of Massachusetts designers, the upcoming installment will include a guest judge appearance by former Newton resident Priyanka Chopra. Other notable guest judges include Emily Ratajkowski, Today anchor Savannah Guthrie, Project Runway Junior judge Kelly Osbourne, Marie Claire editor-in-chief Anne Fulenwider, and more fashion icons.
Season 15 of Project Runway premieres Thursday, August 15, at 9 p.m. on Lifetime.