Best of Boston
2013 Best Barbecue Restaurant
Anatomy of a Winner:
Contained on a paper-lined tray (and scattered on the reclaimed wood table) is barbecue bliss, as follows.
1. A variety of house-made hot sauces lets you dress your meat as you please.
2. Fist-size biscuits are sinfully buttery and flaky.
3. Thirst-quenching cocktails come in a mason jar.
4. The crunchy “farm salad” provides welcome relief from the richness of the meat—and from the
5. cheesy, crumb-topped broccoli casserole.
6. The main event, the pork ribs, are smoky and tender.
7. Old-school accoutrements include pickles, shaved white onion, and squishy white bread, all of which balance the heat.
1381 Boylston St., Boston, 617-266-1300, sweetcheeksq.com