Sail Away with Five Must-Have Items from Sault New England in South End
1. Jack Spade “Coal” dipped-canvas bag, $195 (pictured with Tom’s “Maverick” alloy and wood sunglasses, $139). This beach tote has a waterproof bottom—so “when an obnoxious person does a cannonball, it won’t ruin your magazine,” Saul says.
2. Luxe toiletries: porcelain cup, $36, Portland General Store toner, $29, Ursa Major shave cream, $22, and Omega shaving brush, $20. “Men are spending more time on the process of getting ready,” Saul says.
3. Terrarium in a recycled-glass vessel, $174. Found ferns and moss are nested in a whimsical mini ecosystem.
4. Smith & Plank bottle opener, $38. This South Boston company’s wares are fashioned from reclaimed wood.
5. New England Shirt Company cotton shirts, $145 each. Custom made in Fall River for the boutique, these shirts are “extremely sturdy and wash well,” Saul says.
Sault New England, 577 Tremont St., Boston, 857-239-9434, saultne.com.