Christopher J. Kwolek, MD, MBA, FACS
Specialty: Vascular Surgery
Dr. Kwolek has been named one of Boston’s best doctors and one of America’s top doctors for the past 15 years and has practiced in Boston for over 20 years. He has served as an Associate Professor of Surgery at Harvard Medical School and as the Vascular Surgery Fellowship Program Director at the Massachusetts General Hospital. He established the first integrated vascular residency program at Harvard Medical School/Massachusetts General Hospital and served as the Chief of Vascular Surgery and the Chair of Surgery at Newton-Wellesley Hospital. Dr. Kwolek has been internationally recognized as a leader in the development of new techniques and devices for the treatment of aneurysm disease, carotid artery disease and peripheral vascular disease and has served as the principal investigator for over 30 clinical trials evaluating new minimally invasive techniques for the treatment of vascular disease. He has authored over 120 peer reviewed publications and book chapters and continues to serve as an invited national and international speaker and a member of multiple advisory boards. Dr. Kwolek also serves as the Chief Medical Officer for Mangrove Management Partners.
List the treatments and procedures you offer:
Open and Endovascular Aneurysm Repair, Carotid Endarterectomy, TCAR (Transcarotid Artery Revascularization), Carotid Stenting, Lower extremity arterial reconstruction for Peripheral arterial Disease including bypass, endarterectomy, angioplasty, stenting, atherectomy, drug eluting balloon, shockwave lithotripsy, Hemodialysis access formation , hemodialysis access maintenance, treatment of renal and mesenteric arterial insufficiency with bypass, balloon angioplasty and stenting, treatment of May-Thurner Venous compression, Deep venous thrombosis, Thoracic outlet syndrome, Pulmonary emboli, IVC filter placement and retrieval, treatment of Pelvic venous congestion, embolization of visceral aneurysms, treatment of venous insufficiency.
Awards or Certifications
- American Board of Surgery – Vascular Surgery 2006 – present
- Fellow – The American College of Surgeons 1998 – present
- Society for Vascular Surgery – Distinguished Fellow, Senior Member, The New England Society for Vascular Surgery
- Membership – The American Surgical Society
- Education - Medical School - University of California , San Francisco,
- General Surgery Residency - New England Deaconess Harvard Surgical Service
- Vascular Surgery Fellowship - Massachusetts General Hospital
- Endovascular Surgery Fellowship – Arizona Heart Institute
- Best of Boston Top Doctors - Vascular Surgery 2008-2021
- America’s Top Doctors – Castle and Connolly Medical Ltd. 2006-2021
- Poets and Quants Top 100 Executive MBA Students – 2019
Aneurysm- Abdominal and Thoracic Aortic Surgery and Endovascular repair. Fenestrated and iliac branched endografts, Carotid artery surgery, TCAR – (transcarotid artery revascularization), carotid angioplasty and stenting, treatment of peripheral arterial disease with bypass, angioplasty and stenting, atherectomy and drug eluting balloon. Complex endovascular intervention.