Five Great Gifts for the Yoga Lover
Yoga class photo via Shutterstock
Gift giving can be tricky. So this season, make it easy and give gifts that people will actually use and enjoy in their every day lives. If you have a yoga enthusiast in your life (and really, who doesn’t?), here is a list of great gifts for the yoga-obsessed, curated by Stacey Allaire, yoga instructor at Rasamaya Studios in Newburyport.
1. Mat wipes: “I teach a vinyasa flow in a heated studio. So I need something to clean my mat between classes. I love Jo-Sha Wipes because they are free of any alcohol or harsh chemicals, and they smell amazing. They were created by a yoga instructor.”
Where to buy: Back Bay Yoga. (364 Boylston Street, 2nd Floor; 617-375-9642; $1 each wipe)
2. Head band: “The burnout headband from Prana doesn’t slide off my head, and keeps my hair from my face. There are a ton of different color and pattern options.”
Where to buy: City Sports Boston (480 Boylston Street; 617-267-3900; $12)
3. Yoga bag: “My yoga bag goes through a lot of wear and tear. I use it almost every day, so I need something that’s durable. I love Lululemon’s Namaste Yoga Tote III. It’s super cute, but, more importantly, I can put my keys, headband, lip gloss, and iPod all in one bag and go straight to class. The extra side pockets give me plenty of space to carry what I need.”
Where to buy: Lululemon Athletica (337 Newbury Street; 617-867-6561; 776 Boylston Street; 617-262-2030; $48)
4. Warm Hat: “Typically, I am not a hat person. But after a hot yoga class, when my hair is a sweaty mess, I need something to keep the heat in from the cold weather. I love Athleta’s Jax Beanie. It keeps me warm after yoga class, but still looks cute for every day wear. It is uber-soft, and small enough to fit in my yoga bag during class.”
Where to buy: Athleta (92 Newbury Street; 617-587-9830; 1245 Worcester Street, Suite 1168, Natick; 508-647-1092)
5. Pedicure: “It’s winter, so our feet are covered in warm socks and boots. But during yoga class, my feet are barefoot. Plus, a pedicure makes you feel great.”
Where to buy: Bliss at the W Hotel (100 Stuart Street; 617-261-8747; 60 minutes, $55)
Shopping for a yoga enthusiast this holiday season? What are your must-buy yoga items?