17 Reasons Why Gisele’s Instagram Is the Best Healthy Living Guide Ever
Gisele is not only the world’s most recognizable supermodel and arguably the Boston-area’s most famous resident (sorry, Tom), she’s also unknowingly the best lifestyle blogger on the planet. Except, she doesn’t write a word—unless you count a caption as prose—and she doesn’t try to sell anything, unlike the other lifestyle gurus (sorry, Gwyneth).
The green juice-drinking, charity-giving, yoga-practicing mother of two, has been quietly documenting the secrets to her life, from her morning ritual to her favorite juice recipe, through her Instagram feed. The advice is surprisingly realistic, authentic, and you can tell that most of the time, it’s really Gisele herself behind the lens.
Hopefully, one day, she’ll put it all into her own book. (Call me, Gisele, ghostwriter for hire here). But in the meantime, we’ll continue to read between the lines to learn just how we can live like an international supermodel who happens to live in Brookline. Here, 17 reasons why Gisele’s Instagram is the best and most practical healthy living guide in the world.
2. What’s in Gisele’s favorite green juice recipe? Kale, lemon, cucumber, and apple.
3. She knows that going for a walk along the Comm. Ave. Mall, even in this weather, is good for your health.
4. She sometimes goes to Kundalini Yoga in Cambridge.
5. Meditation has been shown to have a variety of health benefits, including boosting the immune system.
6. She starts her day with hot water and lemon.
7. She knows that love really is the best medicine.
8. Oh, you don’t have the best quarterback—and hottest man—of all time as your husband? That’s okay, pets are great for your health, too.
9. Want to practice Kung Fu in a gorgeous sun-filled penthouse? You can, just head to Boylston Street. That’s Yao Li practicing with Gisele at Boston Kung Fu Tai Chi Institute in the Back Bay.
10. She grows her own.
11. What’s the ultimate healthy workout? Practicing yoga with your dog on your lap. You can almost smell the endorphins.
12. This is what Gisele eats for lunch at home: kale, beets, broccoli, quinoa, avocado, sweet potatoes, and cherry tomatoes.
13. She drinks mate tea in her illuminated living room.
14. Complaining about the weather? You can practice yoga in your living room.
15. Here, she outlines how to snack like a supermodel. Just cut up some strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and kiwi.
16. She knows that sometimes, when it comes to fitness, two is better than one.
17. She knows being positive is good for you, and she sees beauty in everything. Plus, it turns out, she’s a sucker for New England’s fall foliage like the rest of us.