This Week in Free Fitness: Week of June 29
With so many free fitness classes offered in Boston, it can be hard to keep track of them all. Luckily, we’ve got your back. Here’s what’s on tap for this week.
Monday, June 29
- Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series sponsors Salsa in the Park, a salsa dance lesson in the South End’s Blackstone Park, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Post Office Square offers Monday night yoga from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Take Zumba sponsored by the Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series, held from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Christopher Columbus Park.
- City Sports and Republic Fitness co-sponsor a bootcamp series on the Greenway, taking place from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Ali Baldassare teaches a free Pilates class (with an optional $5 donation) through MSL Pilates Summer Bootcamp, offered on the Greenway from 6:30 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
- Nike Training Club hosts a full-body workout aimed at making runners better all-around athletes at its Newbury Street store, starting at 8 p.m.
Tuesday, June 30
- Head over to Norman B. Leventhal Park for Post Office Square‘s HIIT class, from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m.
- Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series hosts tai chi in the Back Bay’s Symphony Park from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Take your pick with two free classes on Revere Hotel‘s rooftop: Tabata from Healthworks at 5:30 p.m., or Barre Fusion with Boston Body at 7 p.m.
- Get dancing with Post Office Square‘s Zumba class, from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Take an outdoor yoga class courtesy of Boston Parks, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Jamaica Pond.
- Also from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., check out Boston Parks Zumba class at Gertrude Howes Playground in Roxbury.
- Hit the Greenway for Core Power Yoga and Beantown Bootcamp’s free bootcamp class, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Head to Chestnut Hill’s The Street for a bootcamp class from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., taught by TriJake Fitness.
- Shop, then work out at Assembly Row‘s 7 p.m. community bootcamp class, taught by Evolve Bootcamp instructors.
- Head to the Athleta store on Newbury Street for a Zumba class from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Wednesday, July 1
- Add a free yoga class to your schedule with Nike Training Club‘s 7 a.m. class at its Newbury Street store.
- Take pre-work Pilates in Norman B. Leventhal Park, with Post Office Square‘s 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. class.
- Starting at 9:30 a.m., Freestyle Fitness with Move is a free class at The Street at Chestnut Hill that mixes circuit training with strength.
- Start your day with yoga, at Boston Parks‘ class from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Dorchester’s Harambee Park.
- Post Office Square hosts an evening bootcamp class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Mix up your workout routine with line dancing, sponsored by Boston Parks and held from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. in Dorchester’s Franklin Park.
- Take a mix of Pilates, barre, and dance with some of Boston’s best-known instructors, at the Ladies Of Equinox Summer Series. The event runs from 7:30 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. at Faneuil Hall Marketplace.
Thursday, July 2
- Wake up slow with Post Office Square‘s Stretch and Renew yoga from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m.
- Kids are welcome at Baby Bootcamp, a class for new or expecting moms. It’s offered at The Street at Chestnut Hill from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Try senior yoga in Symphony Park from 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m., thanks to Boston Parks.
- Shake it off at Post Office Square‘s outdoor Zumba class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Take Boston Parks yoga on the Common (Frog Pond, specifically) from 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
- Eliza Shirazi of Kick It By Eliza will teach a free class at the Ink Block Apartments from 6:30 p.m to 7:30 p.m.
Friday, July 3
- Prepare for the holiday weekend with 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. bootcamp in Christopher Columbus Park, sponsored by Boston Parks.
- Try Boston Parks‘ yoga class, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. in Christopher Columbus Park, during your lunch break.
Saturday, July 4
- Earn your BBQ fare at Republic Fitness‘ bootcamp class on the Greenway, from 10:15 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Did we miss any free classes? Let us know in the comments.