This Week in Free Fitness: Week of July 6
With so many free fitness classes offered in Boston, it can be hard to keep track of them all. Luckily, we’ve got your back. Here’s what’s on tap for this week.
Monday, July 6
- The November Project hosts “Destination Deck” workouts on Monday mornings at 6:30 a.m., during which each card in the deck corresponds to a different number of push-ups or sit-ups.
- Start the day off strong with a bootcamp and run in Franklin Park, from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- Where better to do Pilates than in the park? Post Office Square hosts a morning class from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. in Norman B. Leventhal Park.
- Get dancing with Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series‘ Salsa in the Park, a salsa dance lesson in the South End’s Blackstone Park, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Post Office Square offers Monday night yoga from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Take Zumba sponsored by the Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series, held from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Christopher Columbus Park.
- City Sports and Republic Fitness co-sponsor a Tabata-style bootcamp series on the Greenway, Monday nights from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Take a free Zumba class from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in Franklin Park.
- Nike Training Club hosts a full-body workout aimed at making runners better all-around athletes at its Newbury Street store, starting at 8 p.m.
Tuesday, July 7
- Wake up with a yoga class on the dock near Silber Way on the Esplanade, taught by instructor Ali Singer at 6:30 a.m.
- Head over to Norman B. Leventhal Park for Post Office Square‘s HIIT class, from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m.
- Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series hosts tai chi in the Back Bay’s Symphony Park from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Save yourself the cost of pricey drop-in classes. Take free Tabata from Healthworks or Barre Fusion from Boston Body, offered at 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., respectively, on the Revere Hotel‘s roof deck.
- Hit the Greenway for Core Power Yoga and Beantown Bootcamp’s free bootcamp class, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Yoga Power cofounder Renee Leblanc will teach a yoga class at the Prudential Center from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., as part of the FIT on the Garden series.
- Get dancing with Post Office Square‘s Zumba class, from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Take an outdoor yoga class courtesy of Boston Parks, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Jamaica Pond.
- Also from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., check out Boston Parks Zumba class at Gertrude Howes Playground in Roxbury.
- Head to Chestnut Hill’s The Street for a bootcamp class from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., taught by TriJake Fitness.
- Reebok CrossFit Back Bay and Faneuil Hall Marketplace will hold an outdoor CrossFit class from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- The North Face helps you reach your outdoor athletics goals with a 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Mountain Athletics Training class in the Common.
Wednesday, July 8
- Take part in the November Project’s famous Harvard Stadium workouts at 6:30 a.m.
- Join Nike Training Club’s weekly 7 a.m. yoga class, at its Newbury Street store, to gear up for your day.
- Take pre-work Pilates in Norman B. Leventhal Park, with Post Office Square‘s 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. class.
- Starting at 9:30 a.m., Freestyle Fitness with Move is a free class at The Street at Chestnut Hill that mixes circuit training with strength.
- Start your day with yoga, at Boston Parks‘ class from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Dorchester’s Harambee Park.
- Post Office Square hosts an evening bootcamp class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Save yourself a CrossFit box membership by trying Reebok CrossFit Back Bay’s free class on the Greenway, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Head to The Street at Chestnut Hill, where Healthworks sponsors a Tabata workout from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Never tried line dancing? Now’s your chance. It’s offered by Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series at Dorchester’s Franklin Park from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, July 9
- Franklin Park holds another bootcamp and run from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- Have a restful morning workout at Post Office Square‘s Stretch and Renew yoga from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m.
- New and expecting moms can check out Baby Bootcamp at The Street at Chestnut Hill, offered from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Try senior yoga in Symphony Park from 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m., thanks to Boston Parks.
- Shake it off at Post Office Square‘s outdoor Zumba class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Take Boston Parks yoga on the Common (Frog Pond, specifically) from 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
- Healthworks is teaming up with the Brookline Recreation Department to offer free Zumba from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Devotion School.
- If you missed Tuesday’s class, try the North Face’s Mountain Athletics Training class on the Esplanade from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Friday, July 10
- Just because it’s Friday doesn’t mean you should slack off. Head to 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. bootcamp in Christopher Columbus Park, sponsored by Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series.
- The November Project holds 6:30 a.m. hill runs up Summit Avenue, on the Brighton-Brookline border.
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace hosts a yoga class for kids from 10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m., but parents are welcome to join the fun, too.
- Bring the kids for Jennifer Phelan’s Stroller Bootcamp class, offered on the Greenway from 10:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Try Boston Parks‘ yoga class, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. in Christopher Columbus Park, during your lunch break.
Saturday, July 11
- If you can drag yourself to 7 a.m. yoga at Charles River Bistro, you’ll be rewarded with 50 percent off brunch.
- Some.yoga.studio teaches a riverfront yoga class at Assembly Row Saturday mornings from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Work off Friday’s indulgences at Republic Fitness‘ bootcamp class on the Greenway, from 10:15 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Talk about yoga with a view. Every Saturday at 10:15, Spectacle Island offers free gentle yoga classes overlooking Boston Harbor. Note: You’ll still need to pay for the ferry to the island.
- The Street at Chestnut Hill hosts a repeat performance of Wednesday night’s Freestyle Fitness class from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Head to the patio at Sterling’s for the first week of Jennifer Phelan’s Bikinis and Bellinis series, a free Pilates class from 10:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Sunday, July 12
- Coolidge Corner Yoga and Brookline Recreation have come together to offer free outdoor yoga classes in Minot Rose Garden on Sunday mornings from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Work out without interrupting lazy Sunday at The Street at Chestnut Hill’s Lululemon-sponsored yoga class from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Did we miss any free classes? Let us know in the comments.