This Week in Free Fitness: Week of July 27
With so many free fitness classes offered in Boston, it can be hard to keep track of them all. Luckily, we’ve got your back. Here’s what’s on tap for this week.
Monday, July 27
- The November Project hosts “Destination Deck” workouts on Monday mornings at 6:30 a.m., during which each card in the deck corresponds to a different number of push-ups or sit-ups.
- Do double duty with a bootcamp class and run at Franklin Park from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- Where better to do Pilates than in the park? Post Office Square hosts a morning class from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. in Norman B. Leventhal Park.
- Get the blood pumping at Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series‘ HIIT class, from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. in Roxbury’s Madison Park.
- Get dancing with Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series‘ Salsa in the Park, a salsa dance lesson in the South End’s Blackstone Park, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Post Office Square offers Monday night yoga from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Eliza Shirazi and The Club by George Foreman’s Edwin Frias will teach Box-Fiit 360 on the Harbor, an outdoor cardio boxing class, from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Training For Warriors will hold an outdoor interval training workout in Dewey Square at 6 p.m.
- Take Zumba sponsored by the Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series, held from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Christopher Columbus Park.
- City Sports and Republic Fitness co-sponsor a Tabata-style bootcamp series on the Greenway, Monday nights from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Free outdoor yoga with live music? Sounds pretty good to us. Class starts at 6:30 p.m. in Q Park.
- Take a Zumba class on Franklin Park’s Schoolmaster Hill from 6:30 p.m. to 7:3o p.m.
- Nike Training Club hosts a full-body workout aimed at making runners better all-around athletes at its Newbury Street store, starting at 8 p.m.
Tuesday, July 28
- Starting with its 5:30 a.m. class, Orangetheoryfitness in Brighton will offer a day of free treadmill bootcamp classes to celebrate its first birthday.
- Wake up with a yoga class on the dock near Silber Way on the Esplanade, taught by instructor Ali Singer at 6:30 a.m.
- Join a pay-what-you-can bootcamp class at Jamaica Plain’s Stony Brook Station from 6:45 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- Head over to Norman B. Leventhal Park for Post Office Square‘s HIIT class, from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m.
- Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series hosts tai chi in the Back Bay’s Symphony Park from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Eliza Shirazi will lead her signature cardio kickboxing class, Kick It!, on the Prudential Center lawn from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., as part of the FIT on the Garden series.
- Get dancing with Post Office Square‘s Zumba class, from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Take an outdoor yoga class courtesy of Boston Parks, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Jamaica Pond.
- Check out Boston Parks‘ Zumba class at Gertrude Howes Playground in Roxbury from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Head to Chestnut Hill’s The Street for a bootcamp class from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., taught by TriJake Fitness.
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace is hosting a free contra dance party from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., with teachers on hand for instruction.
- Reebok and Faneuil Hall Marketplace will hold a free CrossFit class from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Esplanade Association and Healthworks will co-host a Zumba class at the Hatch Shell from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- The North Face helps you reach your outdoor athletics goals with a 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Mountain Athletics Training class on the Common.
- Evolve Bootcamp will hold a community bootcamp class at Assembly Row starting at 7 p.m.
Wednesday, July 29
- Take part in the November Project’s famous Harvard Stadium workouts at 6:30 a.m.
- Gear up for your day with Nike Training Club’s weekly 7 a.m. yoga class at its Newbury Street store.
- Take pre-work Pilates in Norman B. Leventhal Park, with Post Office Square‘s 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. class.
- Starting at 9:30 a.m., Freestyle Fitness with Move is a free class at The Street at Chestnut Hill that mixes circuit training with strength.
- Start your day with yoga, at Boston Parks‘ class from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Dorchester’s Harambee Park.
- Inner City Weightlifting will lead a functional training class starting at noon on the Greenway.
- Kendall Square CrossFit is celebrating its new space with a night of free CrossFit workouts, starting at 5:15 p.m., 6:15 p.m., and 7:15 p.m.
- Post Office Square hosts an evening bootcamp class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Watch the sun set at The Esplanade Association‘s evening yoga class, starting at 6 p.m. at Fiedler Field.
- The Blessed Sacrament Church Plaza in Jamaica Plain will put on a Zumba class at 6 p.m.
- Head to The Street at Chestnut Hill, where Healthworks sponsors a Tabata workout from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Never tried line dancing? Now’s your chance. It’s offered by Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series at Dorchester’s Franklin Park from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Fit University and Deluxe Fitness will lead a full-body workout in the Fens from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Thursday, July 30
- For a repeat performance of donation bootcamp, head to Stony Brook Station in Jamaica Plain at 6:45 a.m.
- Start the day off strong with a bootcamp and run combo in Dorchester’s Franklin Park, from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- Have a restful morning workout at Post Office Square‘s Stretch and Renew yoga from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m.
- New and expecting moms can check out Baby Bootcamp at The Street at Chestnut Hill, offered from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Try senior yoga in Symphony Park from 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m., thanks to Boston Parks.
- Shake it off at Post Office Square‘s outdoor Zumba class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Healthworks is teaming up with the Brookline Recreation Department to offer free Zumba from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Devotion School.
- Reebok CrossFit Back Bay will hold a CrossFit class at Fiedler Field at 6 p.m., through The Esplanade Association‘s summer series.
- Lululemon will host a combination run and bootcamp class on the Esplanade from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- If you missed Tuesday’s class, try the North Face’s Mountain Athletics Training class on the Esplanade from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Calling all college students: Brighton’s Acorn Yoga will host a free glow-in-the-dark yoga class for students that also involves cardio, strength training, and dance from 8:45 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Friday, July 31
- The November Project holds 6:30 a.m. hill runs up Summit Avenue, on the Brighton-Brookline border.
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace hosts a Zumba class for kids from 10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
Saturday, August 1
- If you can drag yourself to 7 a.m. yoga at Charles River Bistro, you’ll be rewarded with 50 percent off brunch.
- Some.yoga.studio teaches a riverfront yoga class at Assembly Row Saturday mornings from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Find inner peace with tai chi at Magazine Beach, starting at 9:30 a.m.
- Work off Friday’s indulgences at Republic Fitness‘ bootcamp class on the Greenway, from 10:15 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Talk about yoga with a view. Every Saturday at 10:15, Spectacle Island offers free gentle yoga classes overlooking Boston Harbor. Note: You’ll still need to pay for the ferry to the island.
- The Street at Chestnut Hill hosts a repeat performance of Wednesday night’s Freestyle Fitness class from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Sunday, August 2
- Coolidge Corner Yoga and Brookline Recreation have come together to offer free outdoor yoga classes in Minot Rose Garden on Sunday mornings from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- There will be an outdoor donation-based yoga class at the Arnold Arboretum’s Dawson Pond from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Work out without interrupting lazy Sunday at The Street at Chestnut Hill’s Lululemon-sponsored yoga class from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Get ready for the week with Karma Yoga and Charles River Conservancy’s outdoor yoga class in Riverbend Park from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Did we miss any free classes? Let us know in the comments.