This Week in Free Fitness: Week of August 10
With so many free fitness classes offered in Boston, it can be hard to keep track of them all. Luckily, we’ve got your back. Here’s what’s on tap for this week.
Monday, August 10
- The November Project hosts “Destination Deck” workouts on Monday mornings at 6:30 a.m., during which each card in the deck corresponds to a different number of push-ups or sit-ups.
- Where better to do Pilates than in the park? Post Office Square hosts a morning class from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. in Norman B. Leventhal Park.
- Get the blood pumping at Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series‘ HIIT class, from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. in Roxbury’s Madison Park.
- Get dancing with Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series‘ Salsa in the Park, a salsa dance lesson in the South End’s Blackstone Park, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Post Office Square offers Monday night yoga from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Eliza Shirazi and The Club by George Foreman’s Edwin Frias will teach Box-Fiit 360 on the Harbor, an outdoor cardio boxing class, from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- City Sports sponsors an outdoor bootcamp class on the Greenway from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Training For Warriors will hold an outdoor interval training workout in Dewey Square at 6 p.m.
- Take Zumba sponsored by the Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series, held from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Christopher Columbus Park.
- Head to the Greenway for outdoor Pilates bootcamp with Ali Baldassare from 6:30 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
- Nike Training Club hosts a full-body workout aimed at making runners better all-around athletes at its Newbury Street store, starting at 8 p.m.
Tuesday, August 11
- Wake up with a yoga class on the dock near Silber Way on the Esplanade, taught by instructor Ali Singer at 6:30 a.m.
- Donate whatever you can at a bootcamp class held at Jamaica Plain’s Stony Brook Station from 6:45 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- Head over to Norman B. Leventhal Park for Post Office Square‘s HIIT class, from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m.
- Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series hosts tai chi in the Back Bay’s Symphony Park from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Get dancing with Post Office Square‘s Zumba class, from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Take Tabata at 5:30 p.m. or barre fusion at 7 p.m. on the rooftop of the Revere Hotel.
- Take an outdoor yoga class courtesy of Boston Parks, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Jamaica Pond.
- Check out Boston Parks‘ Zumba class at Gertrude Howes Playground in Roxbury from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Head to Chestnut Hill’s The Street for a bootcamp class from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., taught by TriJake Fitness.
- Reebok and Faneuil Hall Marketplace will hold a free CrossFit class from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Esplanade Association and Healthworks will co-host a Zumba class at the Hatch Shell from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- The North Face helps you reach your outdoor athletics goals with a 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Mountain Athletics Training class on the Common.
Wednesday, August 12
- Take part in the November Project’s famous Harvard Stadium workouts at 6:30 a.m.
- Gear up for your day with Nike Training Club’s weekly 7 a.m. yoga class at its Newbury Street store.
- Take pre-work Pilates in Norman B. Leventhal Park, with Post Office Square‘s 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. class.
- Starting at 9:30 a.m., Freestyle Fitness with Move is a free class at The Street at Chestnut Hill that mixes circuit training with strength.
- Start your day with yoga, at Boston Parks‘ class from 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. in Dorchester’s Harambee Park.
- Inner City Weightlifting will lead a functional training class starting at noon on the Greenway.
- Post Office Square hosts an evening bootcamp class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Watch the sun set at The Esplanade Association‘s evening yoga class, starting at 6 p.m. at Fiedler Field.
- Head to The Street at Chestnut Hill, where Healthworks sponsors a Tabata workout from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Embrace your inner dancer with a free Flamenco dance lesson on the Boston Common’s Parkman Bandstand, running from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Never tried line dancing? Now’s your chance. It’s offered by Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series at Dorchester’s Franklin Park from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Thursday, August 13
- Start your morning with by-donation bootcamp at Jamaica Plain’s Stony Brook Station, running from 6:45 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- Have a restful morning workout at Post Office Square‘s Stretch and Renew yoga from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m.
- New and expecting moms can check out Baby Bootcamp at The Street at Chestnut Hill, offered from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Try senior yoga in Symphony Park from 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m., thanks to Boston Parks.
- Shake it off at Post Office Square‘s outdoor Zumba class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Reebok CrossFit Back Bay will hold a CrossFit class at Fiedler Field at 6 p.m., through The Esplanade Association‘s summer series.
- Boston Parks offers outdoor yoga beside Frog Pond in the Common, from 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
- The City of Boston and Troops for Fitness co-host a bootcamp class on City Hall Plaza from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Newton’s Paramount Performance and Rehab is hosting a “Barbells & Beauty” Strongman-style workout from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- If you missed Tuesday’s class, try the North Face’s Mountain Athletics Training class on the Esplanade from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Friday, August 14
- The November Project holds 6:30 a.m. hill runs up Summit Avenue, on the Brighton-Brookline border.
- Kick off your Friday with a 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. bootcamp class in Christopher Columbus Park, offered by Boston Parks.
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace hosts a yoga class for kids from 10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
- Calling all moms. Take the kids and attend Jennifer Phelan’s Stroller Bootcamp class on the Greenway from 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Use your lunch break to take Boston Parks‘ yoga class in Dorchester’s Clifford Park from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Saturday, August 15
- If you can drag yourself to 7 a.m. yoga at Charles River Bistro, you’ll be rewarded with 50 percent off brunch.
- Some.yoga.studio teaches a riverfront yoga class at Assembly Row Saturday mornings from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Find inner peace with tai chi at Magazine Beach, starting at 9:30 a.m.
- Equinox will host a free yoga class in the Liberty Hotel’s courtyard from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Work off Friday’s indulgences at Republic Fitness‘ bootcamp class on the Greenway, from 10:15 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Talk about yoga with a view. Every Saturday at 10:15 a.m., Spectacle Island offers free gentle yoga classes overlooking Boston Harbor. Note: You’ll still need to pay for the ferry to the island.
- The Street at Chestnut Hill hosts a repeat performance of Wednesday night’s Freestyle Fitness class from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Head to Roxbury’s White Stadium for a night of salsa dancing, running from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday, August 16
- Coolidge Corner Yoga and Brookline Recreation have come together to offer free outdoor yoga classes in Minot Rose Garden on Sunday mornings from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Take by-donation yoga in the Arnold Arboretum from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Work out without interrupting lazy Sunday at The Street at Chestnut Hill’s Lululemon-sponsored yoga class from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Head out to Peddocks Island for an afternoon of assorted free fitness activities, from noon to 2:30 p.m. All you have to pay for is the ferry.
- Get ready for the week with Karma Yoga and Charles River Conservancy’s outdoor yoga class in Riverbend Park from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Did we miss any free classes? Let us know in the comments.