This Week in Free Fitness: Week of August 17
With so many free fitness classes offered in Boston, it can be hard to keep track of them all. Luckily, we’ve got your back. Here’s what’s on tap for this week.
Bootcamp & HIIT
- The November Project hosts “Destination Deck” workouts on Monday mornings at 6:30 a.m., during which each card in the deck corresponds to a different number of push-ups or sit-ups.
- Get the blood pumping at Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series‘ HIIT class, from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. in Roxbury’s Madison Park on Monday.
- City Sports sponsors an outdoor bootcamp class on the Greenway from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Monday.
- Training For Warriors will hold an outdoor interval training workout in Dewey Square at 6 p.m. on Monday.
- Donate whatever you can at a bootcamp class held at Jamaica Plain’s Stony Brook Station from 6:45 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday.
- Head over to Norman B. Leventhal Park for Post Office Square‘s HIIT class, from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. on Tuesday.
- Head to Chestnut Hill’s The Street on Tuesday for a bootcamp class from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., taught by TriJake Fitness.
- Starting at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Freestyle Fitness with Move is a free class at The Street at Chestnut Hill that mixes circuit training with strength.
- Post Office Square hosts an evening bootcamp class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Start your morning with by-donation bootcamp at Jamaica Plain’s Stony Brook Station on Thursday, running from 6:45 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- New and expecting moms can check out Baby Bootcamp at The Street at Chestnut Hill, offered from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on Thursday.
- The City of Boston and Troops for Fitness co-host a bootcamp class on City Hall Plaza from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday.
- Kick off your Friday with a 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. bootcamp class in Christopher Columbus Park, offered by Boston Parks.
- Work off Friday’s indulgences at Republic Fitness‘ bootcamp class on the Greenway on Saturday, from 10:15 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- The Street at Chestnut Hill hosts a repeat performance of Wednesday night’s Freestyle Fitness class on Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Reebok and Faneuil Hall Marketplace will hold a free CrossFit class from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Inner City Weightlifting will lead a functional training class starting Wednesday at noon on the Greenway.
- Reebok CrossFit Back Bay will hold a CrossFit class at Fiedler Field at 6 p.m. on Thursday, through The Esplanade Association‘s summer series.
- Eliza Shirazi and The Club by George Foreman’s Edwin Frias will teach Box-Fiit 360 on the Harbor, an outdoor cardio boxing class, from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Monday.
- Nike Training Club hosts a full-body workout aimed at making runners better all-around athletes at its Newbury Street store, starting at 8 p.m. on Monday.
- The North Face helps you reach your outdoor athletics goals with a Tuesday 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Mountain Athletics Training class on the Common and a Thursday class from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on the Esplanade.
- Take part in the November Project’s famous Harvard Stadium workouts at 6:30 a.m. on Wednesday.
- The November Project also holds 6:30 a.m. hill runs up Summit Avenue, on the Brighton-Brookline border, on Thursday.
- If you’re a tennis newbie, try City Sports Wellesley’s free tennis clinic, at the Hunnewell Tennis Courts from 10 a.m. to noon. on Saturday.
- Where better to do Pilates than in the park? Post Office Square hosts a Monday morning class from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. in Norman B. Leventhal Park.
- Take pre-work Pilates in Norman B. Leventhal Park, with Post Office Square‘s 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. class on Wednesday.
- At 6:15 p.m. on Monday, Equinox will host a free, 45-minute outdoor tabata class at Faneuil Hall Marketplace.
- Take Tabata at 5:30 p.m. or barre fusion at 7 p.m. on the rooftop of the Revere Hotel on Tuesday.
- Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series hosts tai chi in the Back Bay’s Symphony Park from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Tuesday.
- Chinatown’s Boston Ultimate Fitness will teach an introductory tai chi class from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday.
- Post Office Square offers Monday night yoga from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Wake up with a yoga class on the dock near Silber Way on the Esplanade, taught by instructor Ali Singer at 6:30 a.m. on Tuesday.
- Gear up for your Wednesday with Nike Training Club’s weekly 7 a.m. yoga class at its Newbury Street store.
- Start your day with yoga, at Boston Parks‘ Wednesday class from 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. in Dorchester’s Harambee Park.
- Watch the sun set at The Esplanade Association‘s Wednesday evening yoga class, starting at 6 p.m. at Fiedler Field.
- Take a 6:30 a.m. yoga class at the Community Boating docks on the Esplanade on Thursday morning.
- Have a restful morning workout at Post Office Square‘s Stretch and Renew yoga from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. on Thursday.
- Boston Parks offers outdoor yoga beside Frog Pond in the Common, from 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. on Thursday.
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace hosts a yoga class for kids from 10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. on Friday.
- As part of Be Active Together’s Greenfest on City Hall Plaza, you can take yoga at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, and 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- If you can drag yourself to 7 a.m. yoga on Saturday at Charles River Bistro, you’ll be rewarded with 50 percent off brunch.
- Some.yoga.studio teaches a riverfront yoga class at Assembly Row Saturday mornings from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Have a relaxing weekend with South Boston Week, which is offering a restorative yoga class on the beach from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Saturday.
- Join Equinox and the Liberty Hotel for a 10 a.m. yoga class in the hotel’s courtyard on Saturday.
- Talk about yoga with a view. Every Saturday at 10:15 a.m., Spectacle Island offers free gentle yoga classes overlooking Boston Harbor. Note: You’ll still need to pay for the ferry to the island.
- Every Saturday in August, Down Under Yoga holds a free class in Brookline’s Knyvet Square at 1:30 p.m.
- Coolidge Corner Yoga and Brookline Recreation have come together to offer free outdoor yoga classes in Minot Rose Garden on Sunday mornings from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Work out without interrupting lazy Sunday at The Street at Chestnut Hill’s Lululemon-sponsored yoga class from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- End Sunday right with Karma Yoga and Charles River Conservancy’s outdoor yoga class in Riverbend Park from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Zumba & Dancing
- Get dancing with Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series‘ Salsa in the Park, a salsa dance lesson in the South End’s Blackstone Park, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Monday.
- Take Zumba sponsored by the Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series, held from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Christopher Columbus Park on Monday.
- Keep the party going with Post Office Square‘s Zumba class, from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Check out Boston Parks‘ Zumba class at Gertrude Howes Playground in Roxbury from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday.
- The Esplanade Association and Healthworks will co-host a Zumba class at the Hatch Shell from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Never tried line dancing? Now’s your chance. It’s offered by Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series at Dorchester’s Franklin Park from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Shake it off at Post Office Square‘s outdoor Zumba class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Thursday.
- Brookline Recreation and Healthworks are teaming up to offer a Zumba class from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday.
- Be Active Together’s Greenfest has three opportunities for Zumba on City Hall Plaza: on Friday at 12:45 p.m., Saturday at noon, and Sunday at 12:45 p.m.
- Zumba not your style? Try BollyX dancing at Greenfest, offered Friday through Sunday at 3 p.m. on City Hall Plaza.
Did we miss any free classes? Let us know in the comments.