This Week in Free Fitness: Week of August 24
With so many free fitness classes offered in Boston, it can be hard to keep track of them all. Luckily, we’ve got your back. Here’s what’s on tap for this week.
Bootcamp and HIIT
- The November Project hosts “Destination Deck” workouts on Monday mornings at 6:30 a.m., during which each card in the deck corresponds to a different number of push-ups or sit-ups.
- Get the blood pumping at Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series‘ HIIT class, from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. in Roxbury’s Madison Park.
- City Sports sponsors an outdoor bootcamp class on the Greenway from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Training For Warriors will hold an outdoor interval training workout in Dewey Square at 6 p.m.
- Donate whatever you can at a bootcamp class held at Jamaica Plain’s Stony Brook Station from 6:45 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- Head over to Norman B. Leventhal Park for Post Office Square‘s HIIT class, from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m.
- Visit Chestnut Hill’s The Street for a bootcamp class from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., taught by TriJake Fitness.
- Starting at 9:30 a.m., Freestyle Fitness with Move is a free class at The Street at Chestnut Hill that mixes circuit training with strength.
- Post Office Square hosts an evening bootcamp class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Start your morning with by-donation bootcamp at Jamaica Plain’s Stony Brook Station, running from 6:45 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- New and expecting moms can check out Baby Bootcamp at The Street at Chestnut Hill, offered from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- The City of Boston and Troops for Fitness co-host a bootcamp class on City Hall Plaza from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Kick off your Friday with a 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. bootcamp class in Christopher Columbus Park, offered by Boston Parks.
- Work off Friday’s indulgences at Republic Fitness‘ bootcamp class on the Greenway on Saturday, from 10:15 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- The Street at Chestnut Hill hosts a repeat performance of its Freestyle Fitness class from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Reebok and Faneuil Hall Marketplace will hold a free CrossFit class from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Inner City Weightlifting will lead a functional training class starting Wednesday at noon on the Greenway.
- Reebok CrossFit Back Bay will hold a CrossFit class at Fiedler Field at 6 p.m., through The Esplanade Association‘s summer series.
- Where better to do Pilates than in the park? Post Office Square hosts a Monday morning class from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. in Norman B. Leventhal Park.
- Take pre-work Pilates in Norman B. Leventhal Park, with Post Office Square‘s 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. class.
- Post Office Square offers Monday night yoga from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Wake up with a yoga class on the dock near Silber Way on the Esplanade, taught by instructor Ali Singer at 6:30 a.m.
- Boston Parks will host a 6 p.m. yoga class beside Jamaica Pond.
- Gear up for your day with Nike Training Club’s weekly 7 a.m. yoga class at its Newbury Street store.
- Watch the sun set at The Esplanade Association‘s evening yoga class, starting at 6 p.m. at Fiedler Field.
- Take a 6:30 a.m. yoga class at the Community Boating docks on the Esplanade.
- Have a restful morning workout at Post Office Square‘s Stretch and Renew yoga from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m.
- Seniors can take a yoga class through Boston Parks at 10 a.m. in Symphony Park.
- Boston Parks offers outdoor yoga beside Frog Pond in the Common, from 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace hosts a yoga class for kids from 10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. on Friday.
- If you can drag yourself to 7 a.m. yoga on Saturday at Charles River Bistro, you’ll be rewarded with 50 percent off brunch.
- Some.yoga.studio teaches a riverfront yoga class at Assembly Row Saturday mornings from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Join Equinox and the Liberty Hotel for a 10 a.m. yoga class in the hotel’s courtyard on Saturday.
- Talk about yoga with a view. Every Saturday at 10:15 a.m., Spectacle Island offers free gentle yoga classes overlooking Boston Harbor. Note: You’ll still need to pay for the ferry to the island.
- Every Saturday in August, Down Under Yoga holds a free class in Brookline’s Knyvet Square at 1:30 p.m.
- Coolidge Corner Yoga and Brookline Recreation have come together to offer free outdoor yoga classes in Minot Rose Garden on Sunday mornings from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Work out without interrupting lazy Sunday at The Street at Chestnut Hill’s Lululemon-sponsored yoga class from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- End Sunday right with Karma Yoga and Charles River Conservancy’s outdoor yoga class in Riverbend Park from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Instructor Ali Singer will hold a donation-based yoga class next to the Common’s Frog Pond at 7 p.m.
Zumba and Dancing
- Get dancing with Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series‘ Salsa in the Park, a salsa dance lesson in the South End’s Blackstone Park, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Take Zumba sponsored by the Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series, held from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Christopher Columbus Park.
- Keep the party going with Post Office Square‘s Zumba class, from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- The Esplanade Association and Healthworks will co-host a Zumba class at the Hatch Shell from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Never tried line dancing? Now’s your chance. It’s offered by Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series at Dorchester’s Franklin Park from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Shake it off at Post Office Square‘s outdoor Zumba class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Brookline Recreation and Healthworks are teaming up to offer a Zumba class from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Eliza Shirazi and The Club by George Foreman’s Edwin Frias will teach Box-Fiit 360 on the Harbor, an outdoor cardio boxing class, from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Nike Training Club hosts a full-body workout aimed at making runners better all-around athletes at its Newbury Street store, starting at 8 p.m.
- Take Tabata at 5:30 p.m. or barre fusion at 7 p.m. on the rooftop of the Revere Hotel.
- The North Face helps you reach your outdoor athletics goals with a 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Mountain Athletics Training class on the Common.
- Take part in the November Project’s famous Harvard Stadium workouts at 6:30 a.m.
- The November Project also holds 6:30 a.m. hill runs up Summit Avenue, on the Brighton-Brookline border.
- Missed the North Face’s Tuesday class? Come back today for a 6:30 p.m. workout on the Esplanade.
Did we miss any free classes? Let us know in the comments.