This Week in Free Fitness: Week of August 31
With so many free fitness classes offered in Boston, it can be hard to keep track of them all. Luckily, we’ve got your back. Here’s what’s on tap for this week.
Bootcamp and HIIT
- The November Project hosts “Destination Deck” workouts on Monday mornings at 6:30 a.m., during which each card in the deck corresponds to a different number of push-ups or sit-ups.
- Get the blood pumping at Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series‘ HIIT class, from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. in Roxbury’s Madison Park.
- Training For Warriors will hold an outdoor interval training workout in Dewey Square at 6 p.m.
- Donate whatever you can at a bootcamp class held at Jamaica Plain’s Stony Brook Station from 6:45 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- Head over to Norman B. Leventhal Park for Post Office Square‘s HIIT class, from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m.
- Post Office Square hosts an evening bootcamp class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Start your morning with by-donation bootcamp at Jamaica Plain’s Stony Brook Station, running from 6:45 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- Reebok and Faneuil Hall Marketplace will hold a free CrossFit class from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Reebok CrossFit Back Bay will hold a CrossFit class at Fiedler Field at 6 p.m., through The Esplanade Association‘s summer series.
- Where better to do Pilates than in the park? Post Office Square hosts a Monday morning class from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. in Norman B. Leventhal Park.
- Take pre-work Pilates in Norman B. Leventhal Park, with Post Office Square‘s 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m. class.
- Post Office Square offers Monday night yoga from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Wake up with a yoga class on the dock near Silber Way on the Esplanade, taught by instructor Ali Singer at 6:30 a.m.
- Gear up for your day with Nike Training Club’s weekly 7 a.m. yoga class at its Newbury Street store.
- Exhale is hosting an outdoor yoga class on City Hall Plaza at 5:45 p.m. Class is free, with an optional $5 donation that would benefit the Whole Kids Foundation.
- Watch the sun set at The Esplanade Association‘s evening yoga class, starting at 6 p.m. at Fiedler Field.
- Have a restful morning workout at Post Office Square‘s Stretch and Renew yoga from 7:15 a.m. to 8:15 a.m.
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace hosts a yoga class for kids from 10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. on Friday.
- If you can drag yourself to 7 a.m. yoga on Saturday at Charles River Bistro, you’ll be rewarded with 50 percent off brunch.
- Some.yoga.studio teaches a riverfront yoga class at Assembly Row Saturday mornings from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Talk about yoga with a view. Every Saturday at 10:15 a.m., Spectacle Island offers free gentle yoga classes overlooking Boston Harbor. Note: You’ll still need to pay for the ferry to the island.
- Pay what you can at by-donation yoga in the Arnold Arboretum, running from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- End Sunday right with Karma Yoga and Charles River Conservancy’s outdoor yoga class in Riverbend Park from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Zumba and Dancing
- Get dancing with Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series‘ Salsa in the Park, a salsa dance lesson in the South End’s Blackstone Park, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Take Zumba sponsored by the Boston Parks Summer Fitness Series, held from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Christopher Columbus Park.
- Keep the party going with Post Office Square‘s Zumba class, from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- The Esplanade Association and Healthworks will co-host a Zumba class at the Hatch Shell from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Never tried line dancing? Now’s your chance. It’s offered in Dorchester’s Franklin Park from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Shake it off at Post Office Square‘s outdoor Zumba class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Nike Training Club hosts a full-body workout aimed at making runners better all-around athletes at its Newbury Street store, starting at 8 p.m.
- Take Tabata at 5:30 p.m. or barre fusion at 7 p.m. on the rooftop of the Revere Hotel.
- The North Face helps you reach your outdoor athletics goals with a 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Mountain Athletics Training class on the Common.
- Take part in the November Project’s famous Harvard Stadium workouts at 6:30 a.m.
- The November Project also holds 6:30 a.m. hill runs up Summit Avenue, on the Brighton-Brookline border.
- Missed the North Face’s Tuesday class? Come back today for a 6:30 p.m. workout on the Esplanade.
- 4EverFITT will host an outdoor fitness “games” event on the beach from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Did we miss any free classes? Let us know in the comments.