Free Yoga Is Coming to the Boston Public Library
There are so many unique places to do yoga in Boston, studios are looking downright passé. The latest notable addition? The Boston Public Library.
From January 12 through February 16, book loving yogis can head to the BPL every Tuesday at noon for an ultra-tranquil free class in the McKim Building’s Abbey Room. Each session will be taught by popular Boston instructor—and author—Rebecca Pacheco.
This is the first Boston Public Library yoga program at the Copley branch, but some of the BPL’s other locations are also offering free classes. Here’s the full schedule:
- Gentle yoga for seniors, Hyde Park branch, Tuesdays at 10:45 a.m. (ends December 29)
- Radiant Child Yoga, South Boston branch, Thursdays at 4 p.m. (January 7 to January 28
- Yoga flow, Charlestown branch, Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m. (ends February 23)
- Yoga for seniors, West End branch, Tuesdays at 2:45 p.m.
- Community yoga, Dudley branch, Saturdays at 11:30 a.m.
- Adult yoga, Mattapan branch, first Thursday of the month at 6:30 p.m.
- Kids’ yoga (ages 8-11), Mattapan branch, second Tuesday of the month (starts January 12)
Added bonus: You’ll never have to worry about somebody talking during your savasana.
700 Boylston St., Boston, 617-536-5400, bpl.org.