Lululemon Is Hosting a 12-Class Yoga Marathon
Your 90-minute yoga class is about to get shown up: On June 5, Lululemon is hosting an all-day, 12-class yogathon. That’s a lot of chaturangas.
The event will take place at Lululemon’s Chestnut Hill store, and is in honor of National Cancer Survivor’s Day. To register, you’ll have to make a donation of any size to both Bodhi & Mind Yoga, a resource for women with breast cancer, and TriYoga Boston, a therapeutic yoga center in Waltham. Your donation allows you to take as many or as few of the classes as you’d like, and to participate in the post-festival dance party. There will also be refreshments available throughout the day.
The schedule for the day is as follows:
- 8 a.m.-9:30 a.m.: Yoga for Cancer, taught by the director of TriYoga Boston. Class is open to those in cancer treatment or recovery, caregivers, yoga teachers, and yoga therapists.
- 9 a.m.-9:50 a.m.: Yoga with Jess Ray, an instructor at YogaWorks.
- 10 a.m.-10:50 a.m.: Yoga for All, with Dawn Keighley of Coolidge Corner Yoga. Class is geared toward families and children.
- 11 a.m.-11:50 a.m.: Slow Flow, led by DJ Arnold of Bodhi & Mind Yoga. It’s a floor-based class for students of all levels.
- 12 p.m.-12:50 p.m.: Hip Hop Yoga, with Megan Rozanski of YogaWorks.
- 1 p.m.-1:50 p.m.: Yoga with Lauren Sozio of CorePower Yoga. The class will combine vinyasa and Bikram yoga.
- 2 p.m.-2:50 p.m.: Yoga with Johnathon Holmes of Coolidge Corner Yoga. It’ll be a flow with emphasis on alignment.
- 3 p.m.-3:50 p.m.: Heat-building vinyasa flow, taught by Tracy Affonso of Bodhi & Mind Yoga.
- 4 p.m.-4:50 p.m.: Vinyasa yoga with Leslie Doyle, an instructor at YogaWorks.
- 5 p.m.-5:5o p.m.: Power flow with Leah Croteau, who teaches a Inner Strength, Prana, and Healthworks.
- 6 p.m.-6:50 p.m.: Baptiste Yoga with Brittney Burgess. Baptiste is a challenging, physical style of yoga.
- 7 p.m.-7:50 p.m.: Vinyasa with Cara Gilman. The class will be set to live music.
- 8 p.m.-9 p.m.: Live music dance party on the green.
Donations suggested, 6/5, 8 a.m. 55 Boylston St. Suite 5530, Newton. Register at eventbrite.com.