Get Your Head in the Game at These Five Sports Leagues
Finding motivation to exercise solo can be tough—after all, no one is going to be let down if you simply don’t show up to the gym. Enter: sports leagues. Not only will a team of active players hold you accountable for showing up, but you’ll get a great workout while having fun. Here are six you can join:
1. Social Boston Sports: You’ve seen the t-shirts all over the city—now join in for yourself. SBS offers a wide range of programs, from traditional sports (basketball, soccer, softball) to out-there options such as inner tube water polo and cornhole.
2. Boston Ski and Sports Club: BSSC runs leagues all year round, so cold weather doesn’t have to mean you’re in the off-season. Choose from sports such as field hockey, football, soccer, ultimate Frisbee, and more.
3. Simply Social Sports: Meet somebody special while playing sports including volleyball, kickball, and softball. The league groups you with peers of similar ages and interests, making it that much easier to connect with your teammates.
4. Boston Broomball: Don’t knock it ‘til you try it. Broomball is a great way to get your heart pumping while chilling out on the skating rink.
5. HUB Sports: This umbrella organization offers a group for each major traditional sport, from basketball to flag football to soccer.