Boston Marathon Registration Opens September 12
It may feel as though your muscles just recovered from this past Boston Marathon, but it’s already time to start thinking of next year.
The Boston Athletic Association (BAA) today announced that registration for the 2017 race, to be held on April 17, opens Monday, September 12 at 10 a.m. Set those calendar reminders now.
As in years past, the fastest runners will be able to register first, and the fastest runners in each gender and age group will be accepted. Here’s the full schedule:
- September 12, 10 a.m.: Runners who beat the qualifying time by 20 minutes or more may register
- September 14, 10 a.m.: Runners who beat the qualifying time by 10 minutes or more may register
- September 16, 10 a.m.: Runners who beat the qualifying time by 5 minutes or more may register
- September 17, 10 p.m.: Registration closes
- September 19, 10 a.m.: Registration re-opens, if any space remains
- September 21, 5 p.m.: Registration re-closes
- September 26: If the field isn’t full, registration will open once more
This year, racing costs $185 for U.S. citizens and $250 for international entrants—but the feeling of cresting Heartbreak Hill is priceless.
Find more information about qualifying times and registration here.