Five More Free Fitness Series to Try This Summer
Boston’s free fitness scene may have been up and running for months, but that doesn’t mean it’s winding down. New programs are starting all the time, in locations all over the city. Here are five mid- to late-summer options you still have time to try:
1. Amp Summer Bootcamps: Last week, Amp Fitness began offering Friday evening bootcamp classes on the Common. While class is free, any donations given will go to victims of the Orlando nightclub shooting and their families.
Fridays, 6:15 p.m. 30 Court Square, Boston, eventbrite.com.
2. Sunrise Yoga in Larz Anderson Park: If you’re a morning person, this is the series for you. Start Saturday early with a free vinyasa class atop a hill in Larz Anderson Park.
Saturdays, 6:30 a.m. Larz Anderson Park, 23 Newton St., Brookline, thebostoncalendar.com.
3. Yoga in Knyvet Square: Every Saturday afternoon in August, Down Under School of Yoga will lead an all-levels class in Brookline’s Knyvet Square. Register in advance here.
Saturdays, 1:30 p.m. Knyvet Square, St. Paul and Amory Streets, Brookline, downunderyoga.com.
4. Summer Sports: The Watertown Public Library recently kicked off its Summer Sports series, a sampler of healthy activities around town. Still to come: free kayaking, barre, and yoga. You can find the whole calendar here.
Times and locations vary. Visit watertownlib.org for more information.
5. Yoga in Powderhouse Square: This series launched on July 17, and will continue through September 4. Each Sunday during that timeframe (except July 31), instructor Caity O’Hagan will lead an hour-long vinyasa flow. For an even deeper experience, savasana will include essential oils and reiki assists.
Sundays, 9 a.m. Powderhouse Square, 850 Broadway, Somerville, caitycolleen.com.
6. Seaport Sweat: Five days per week, Seaport Sweat is bringing you free fitness classes on the Seaport Green. Offerings include yoga, bootcamp, and kickboxing, and the series runs through October 31.
Days and times vary. Seaport Green, 85 Northern Ave., Boston, eventbrite.com.