11 Ways to Beat the Heat Wave
As we push through day seven of the heat wave and your apartment edges closer to inferno status, sitting in front of your puny fan isn’t going to cut it anymore. If you can’t make it to the community pool (or these swankier options), don’t, um, sweat it. We found 11 other ways to cool off:
1. Swim at Carson Beach. Hey, it’s a summer classic for a reason. M Street Beach and Constitution Beach are also good options.
2. SUP on the Charles River: You could kayak instead, but stand-up paddleboarding makes it much easier to “accidentally” fall in the water.
3. Splash in the Christian Science Plaza Fountain. Or one of the numerous other spray decks around town.
4. Take a summer skate. The Skating Club of Boston opens the rink on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Sundays until August 27.
5. Walk laps around the Prudential Center. Seriously, it’s like an icebox in there.
6. Visit the Frost Ice Loft. If not now, when?
7. Enjoy the breeze on the Kendall Square Rooftop Garden. The fresh air isn’t bad, either.
8. Grab a frozen treat. Just in case you needed a reminder that you deserve it. We think the vegan scoops at FoMu are pretty delightful.
9. Take a water taxi. Nothing cools you off like the wind in your hair.
10. Visit the Rings Fountain on the Greenway. You can also catch Ai WeiWei’s “Circle of Animals.”
11. Drown your sorrows in an acai bowl. Bonus points for the Instagram opportunity.
What’s your favorite way to cool down? Let us know in the comments.