City Hall Plaza Will Become a Fitness Paradise Next Weekend
Clear your calendar for Saturday, September 17. On that day, City Hall Plaza will become a fitness paradise.
Mayor Walsh and the City of Boston are hosting the first-ever Boston Social Fitness Festival, a free, day-long celebration of all things movement. It’s a fitting event for a city that’s constantly recognized for its healthy habits.
There will be games, a climbing wall, cycling races, family activities, food, drinks, and, of course, plenty of ways to sweat. The full schedule includes:
- Daybreaker (7 a.m. to 10 a.m.): Daybreaker kicks things off with early morning yoga, followed by its signature sober dance party. Bring your leg warmers, because this one’s got an ’80s aerobics theme. Register here.
- Sweat Crawl (10 a.m. to 3 p.m.): Social Boston Sports’ Sweat Crawl has you completing four different 15-minute workouts, each with a different studio. Start your crawl at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m., or 2 p.m. Register here.
- Cycling (10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m.): Register here for one of these free outdoor cycling classes taught by the Handle Bar.
- Yoga (3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.): Join Yoga Around Town for a vinyasa flow class. Register here.
- Dance Mile (5:15 p.m. to 6 p.m.): Close out the festivities with a mile-long dance party, accompanied, naturally, by a mobile DJ on a sound truck. Costumes encouraged. Register here.
Boston Social Fitness Festival, 9/17, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. City Hall Plaza, 1 City Hall Square, Boston, socialfitnessfestival.com.