Eight New Year’s Eve Yoga Classes in Boston
If you’re looking for a way to say goodbye to the old year and hello to the new you, consider greeting 2017 on your mat. From mid-afternoon meditations to midnight oms, transition into the new year at these eight New Year’s Eve yoga classes in Boston.
1. New Year’s Awakening at Coolidge Corner Yoga: Align your body, heart, and mind at this workshop for beginners and seasoned yogis alike. The class will also include an empowerment workshop, so bring a journal and an open mind.
$40, 1 p.m. Coolidge Corner Yoga, 1297 Beacon St., Brookline, coolidgeyoga.com.
2. Envisioning the New Year at Sadhana Yoga: Center yourself with yoga and meditation, getting ready for the next 365 days. Then, embrace the new year by creating a vision board.
$35, 2 p.m. Sadhana Yoga, 15 Worcester St., Boston, sadhanaboston.com.
3. Peace, Power, and Prosperity at Health Yoga Life: Reset and re-energize your body to prepare for the new year. This class will help cleanse and detox your body from 2016 and allow you to set goals for the next year.
$30, 4 p.m. Health Yoga Life, 12 Temple St., Boston, healthyogalife.com.
4. Candlelight Yoga at North End Yoga: Illuminate your new year with candlelight yoga. For this class, expect a blend of vinyasa and kundalini yoga, breath work, and meditation. Pre-registration is encouraged.
$30, 5 p.m. North End Yoga, 256 Hanover St., Boston, northendyoga.com.
5. New Year’s Eve Yoga Celebration at South Boston Yoga: This two-hour class will take you right into the new year. First, a sweaty flow will help you get rid of the the old year, then meditation and reflection will help guide you into 2017. Cookies and chai will be waiting for you after class.
$30, 10 p.m. South Boston Yoga, 36 W Broadway, Boston, southbostonyoga.net.
6. New Year’s Eve Celebratory Flow at JP Centre Yoga: Bring the year to a close with festive and sweaty flow. The two-hour session runs until just past midnight.
$30-35, 10 p.m. JP Center, 670 Centre St., Jamaica Plain, jpcentreyoga.com.
7. Annual New Year’s Eve Yoga at North End Yoga: Using svadyaya (self-study), vinyasa, yin yoga, and meditation, this two-hour class will help you reflect on the year coming to a close.
$30, 10 p.m. North End Yoga, 256 Hanover St., Boston, amewren.com.
8. New Year’s Eve Class at O2 Yoga: This two-hour class will help you release stress in your hips and back. It’ll end with ah om circle through midnight, and bubbly to follow the calendar change.
$30, 10 p.m. O2 Yoga, 288 Highland Ave., Somerville, O2yoga.com.