Free Summer Fitness Returns to the Rose Kennedy Greenway
Choose from over 100 classes.
There are so many things happening on the Rose Kennedy Greenway this summer, from its rotating showcase of public artwork to the Boston Calling block parties and beer gardens. And now, free fitness is the cherry on top. While cornhole games already started in mid-May, the comprehensive list of fitness classes will start up July 2 and some will run as late as September 10.
“Parks play an important role in the health and well-being of the community,” Jesse Brackenbury, executive director of the Greenway Conservancy, said in a press release. “The Greenway’s Fitness program offers something for everyone throughout our unique, downtown park system.”
Here’s what to expect:
- Zumba by the Wang YMCA, 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m., July 2-August 27, Chinatown Park
- Tabata by Healthworks, 5:30 p.m.-6:15 p.m., July 2-August 27, High Street
- MSL Pilates Bootcamp, 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m., June 18, July 16, August 13, September 10, Hanover Street
- 90s Yoga Flow by Boston Health & Wellness, 5 p.m.-6 p.m., July 10-August 28, Oliver Street
- Social Boston Sports Cornhole League, 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Session 1 begins May 15, Session 2 begins July 10, Milk Street
- Summer Workout Series by InnerCity Weightlifting, 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m., August 15-September 5, High Street
- HIIT by Next Level Fitness and Wellness, 6:45 p.m.-7:45 p.m., June 13-August 22, Hanover Street
- Social Boston Sports Cornhole League, 6 p.m.-8 p.m., Session 1 begins May 17, Session 2 begins July 12, Milk Street
- Tabata by Healthworks, 10 a.m.-10:45 a.m., July 7-August 25, High Street
- Saturday morning Zumba by Boston Harbor Now, 10:30 a.m.-11 a.m., June 30-September 1, Boston Harbor Islands Pavilion near the Greenway Carousel
- Tango in the Park by Ultimate Tango, 6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m., July 7-August 25, High Street
Also, special to the series catch these additional workouts:
- Yoga Around Town, 7 p.m.-8 p.m., June 21 and August 16, Milk Street
- Summer in the City by North End Yoga, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., June 23, Hanover Street
- Pilates with Purpose, 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m., July 12 and August 9, India Street
- Social Boston Sports Sweat Crawl, 12 p.m.-4 p.m., August 12, India Street
- Awaken: A Morning Yoga Practice Presented by Down Under School of Yoga, 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m., Dewey Square Park
For cancellations, rescheduling, and up-to-date information, check the Greenway’s online calendar.