Recipe: Strawberry Dessert Hummus
Chickpeas make this snack extremely versatile.
Hummus: it’s the dip that’s easy, healthy, and adored by almost everyone. From garlic hummus to beet hummus, there’s a myriad of options to choose from—but have you ever heard of dessert hummus? Chickpeas are extremely versatile because of their low flavor profile, which makes them easy to use in a sweet recipe without compromising the taste. This strawberry dessert hummus is a great alternative to cream cheese dips or sweet spreads, and can be eaten for dessert or as a snack.
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional: 1 tsp lemon zest, ginger, or other spice of choice
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Remove the stems from the strawberries and slice each one into small pieces.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. If your appliance is small, split everything in half and blend the ingredients in two batches.
- Transfer the hummus to a bowl and serve with whole-wheat pita chips, dark chocolate, or fresh fruit.
- Store the hummus in an airtight container for up to one week in the refrigerator.