Recipe: Dark Chocolate Cherry Protein Bites
Made with protein powder and zero artificial ingredients, these little bites are packed with protein, keeping your tummy and taste buds satisfied longer.
Need that chocolate fix? Looking for a nutritious pre or post-workout snack? Look no further than these Dark Chocolate Cherry Protein Bites! Made with protein powder, dried fruit, nut butter, and dates these bites will help keep you full and are naturally sweetened.
When working with dates, make sure you soak them in warm water beforehand. I’ve made the mistake of not soaking them and have been left with a chunk of dates spinning in the food processor, but not breaking down. You’re looking for a paste-like consistency and the warm water helps you achieve this.
I used vegan protein powder that contains no artificial additives, but use whichever kind of protein works best for you. You also have the option to replace the dark chocolate chips with raw cacao nibs or powder to boost antioxidants and lower sugar.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup dried sour cherries
- 2 Tbs. nut butter of choice
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Soak the dates in a cup of warm water for about 20 minutes before you begin.
- Once the dates have been soaked, drain the water.
- In a food processor, blend the dates and nut butter to create a paste. Since the dates have a tendency to stick to the sides of the food processor, you may have to stop halfway through, scrape down the sides, and continue processing it.
- Add in the sour cherries, protein powder, and oats until blended thoroughly.
- In a bowl, mix together the dough and the chocolate chips.
- Roll the mixture into small balls.
- For best results, store in the refrigerator or freezer.