Healthy Events and Pop-Up Workouts to Try This Week in Boston
Get ready to sweat, learn, and eat healthier.
With the full moon on Tuesday this week’s events, like Astrology and Asana and Moonlit Yoga, are all about harnessing the powerful energy from the moon and setting mindful intentions. Also, don’t miss the Jimmy Fund 5k this weekend in West Roxbury and taproom yoga at Mighty Squirrel.
1. Rooftop Yoga with Energize: Rooftops and summer go hand in hand. Make sure to head to this class on the rooftop of Energize in Back Bay. Your ticket includes the class and a smoothie or salad afterwards.
$29, July 16, 6:15 p.m.-8 p.m., Energize, 265 Mass Ave., Boston, eventbrite.com.
2. Light Pollution and Why You Should Care: Learn all about how the LED streetlights, used throughout the city, might be affecting your circadian rhythm during this talk at the Arnold Arboretum.
Free, July 16, 7 p.m.-9 p.m., Arnold Arboretum Weld Hill Research Building, 1300 Centre St., Boston, facebook.com.
3. Astrology and Asana: The full moon is upon us. Take advantage of its energy during this full moon circle at Radiant Yoga Boston. You’ll be guided through a meditation, slow yoga flow, journaling, and intention setting.
Class rates apply, July 16, 7 p.m.-8:15 p.m., Radiant Yoga Boston, 516 E 2nd St., Boston, facebook.com.
4. Moonlit Yoga on the Greenway: Settle onto your yoga mat on the lawn at Dewey Square for a yoga flow under the full moon. This class serves as a diverse and inclusive invitation to all yogis.
Free, July 16, 6:30 p.m.-8 p.m., Dewey Square, Boston, eventbrite.com.
5. Yoga Under the Stars: Join YogaWorks at the Street in Chestnut Hill for an evening yoga practice during sunset—part of The Street’s free outdoor fitness series. Class is free, but be sure to register and bring your own mat.
Free, July 17, 7 p.m.-8 p.m., The Street Chestnut Hill, 33 Boylston St., Newton, eventbrite.com.
6. Sit by the Sea Meditation: Breathe in salty air as you are guided through a 15-minute meditation at Pleasure Bay Beach in Southie. There will be some time to mingle on the beach afterwards.
$10, July 17, 7 p.m.-8 p.m., meet Pleasure Bay Parking lot by the World War II Memorial flag pole, facebook.com.
7. Wellness Wednesday Yoga at Outdoor Voices: You Good Sis is partnering with Outdoor Voices to bring you a Wellness Wednesday yoga flow class at the store in the Seaport. Participants will get the chance to enter a raffle for a signature essential oil blend.
$10, July 17, 7 p.m.-8 p.m., Outdoor Voices, 31 Northern Ave., Boston, eventbrite.com.
8. Topgolf and Dinner at Lynx Fitness Club: If you don’t have enough time to make it out to the links during the week, practice your swing and enjoy food and drinks at the Topgolf suite at Lynx. The $30 ticket serves as a deposit to secure your spot. You will be refunded in full after you have attended.
$30, July 18, 6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m., Lynx Fitness Club, 64 Arlington St., Boston, eventbrite.com.
9. Nama Strong x No Bull: Kick off your weekend with a powerhouse workout combining bootcamp and yoga with the powerhouse duo from Move with Mooch and Mel. The two are teaming up with No Bull for a full evening of free stretches from Bdy Sqd, CBD samples from Beam, and smoothies from The Farmacy. Oh, and DJ Sprino will be there spinning live beats too.
Free, July 19, 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m., Seaport Common, 85 Northern Ave., Boston, eventbrite.com.
10. Kick It By Eliza at The Row: Check out the hotel Travel + Leisure named one of the best in the world, and squeeze in a good workout while you’re at it. Kick It By Eliza will take over the hotel space for a 13 round kickboxing class. Half of the proceeds will go to Respond, a New England non-profit helping to end domestic violence.
$25, July 20, 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m., The Row Hotel at Assembly Row, 360 Foley St., Somerville, eventbrite.com.
11. Brunch Fit at Lifted Fitness: Your ticket to this brunch event includes an hour workout at Lifted Fitness in Southie, full brunch at The Playwright, and a complimentary mimosa. The workout is Lifted’s version of cardio, combining plyometrics, agility drills, core exercises, and more.
$39, July 20, 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Lifted Fitness, 803 Summer St., South Boston, eventbrite.com.
12. Jimmy Fund 5k: Break out your running shoes for a good cause this Saturday at the Jimmy Fund 5k. The kids and family run starts at 10 a.m. and there will be a post-race party following the 5k.
$35, July 21, Millennium Park, 300 Gardner St., West Roxbury, jimmyfund.org.
13. Sweat Crawl Harbor Fit: Meet at the Charlestown Navy yard next to the tennis courts for a mini fitness crawl along the Harbor. There will be three different classes, and you’ll even get to hop on the USS Constitution.
Donation based, July 21, 9:30 a.m.-11:45 a.m., Charlestown Navy Yard, Boston, eventbrite.com.
14. Yoga and Beer at Mighty Squirrel: Check out the new Mighty Squirrel Brewery in Waltham during this 60-minute vinyasa flow class in the taproom. Your ticket includes one beer.
$25, July 21, 12 p.m.-1 p.m., Mighty Squirrel Brewing Co., 411 Waverley Oaks Rd., Waltham, eventbrite.com.
15. Metal Yoga at Night Shift Brewing: If metal music is your thing, sign up for this yoga class hosted by Black Widow Yoga at Night Shift in Everett. Your ticket includes class and a beer.
$12, July 21, 10 a.m.-11 a.m., Night Shift Brewing, 87 Santilli Highway, Everett, eventbrite.com.